1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A dicunchikky gave me Shitty Article! (Possibly made by a rewriting software!)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by varundbest, Apr 8, 2010.

1. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, people my honest opinion is that here the main issue is not the money and nor is it about the stuff the fellow doled out that price ..:) I think I have seen better - much, much better writing at half that rate and have seen good writers from US OR India do grrrreat work at $1/500 words. Maybe those people don't know where to look for work, so they remain stuck in that place, or maybe they just start with that sh***y place and move on real fast to better paying status. The point in matter here is whether the person who is ordering the article know his English and know what he wants? If yes, then there is no way somebody can give you that shit and "force" you to post THAT to your site. No matter how much I have paid for something, I wouldn't be caught dead posting such nonsense to my site....If you know what you are asking from the writer, then you should have been more careful while selecting one and should have checked the quality before paying the $0.5 for 100 words LOL. If you didn't know what you wanted in terms of content and language, you should have hired an expert to do so. YOU have no excuse to call the fellow such names when you did not execute your own thing properly. That writer only messed up some XYZ client's work, which he was being paid peanuts for. You, on the other hand messed up your own work, by first selecting the wrong fellow, who VERY evidently is not a good writer/spinner , and then paying that guy for this shit and then posting that nonsense on your own site !!! HATS OFF to you master_seo :D

WebBuddy, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  2. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    You made a good point if I understood it completely. Another, I will explain more in my upcoming Ebook. Therefore, I will try to keep it brief, yet understandable. THERE MUST BE EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION OF WORK TO BE DONE BETWEEN BOTH THE WORK SUBMITTER AND THE PERSON HIRE TO DO THE WORK. Let me use 2 ongoing examples. First, I fired an outsourcer, who could not follow directions. Then I hired another outsourcer from this forum. As a programmer, he is starting quite a bit of work for me at $11.00 an hour. Before I hired him I sent a list of directions. So far he has been great. However, I am spending another $22.00 to make sure I answer all his questions, while providing more details. This is only fair to both sides, this way I cannot complain when the work is received back. He will also receive a bonus for superior work, at the end, when I review it all.

Now a outsource writer example. I need some basic research articles done, skipping the title and even first paragraph. Again I am using a person I found on a forum. Before the job was awarded, I sent the lady full details of what the job would involve. She accepted, and I sent her a detailed report, explaining the exact work, and even an example. I will have my work back by Wednesday. She is being paid more than most outsource writers. If her work is good, she will get a minimum of 100 more of the same type. I also explained, I am looking for quality. Now when I get this info back, I will use it to start some articles and fine tune the body.

Again, I provide clear directions, so if they are followed I will get back what I expected. For the worker or writer, there will be 3 outcomes (1) Fired for not following clear directions (2) More work in future, or (3) more work with a bonus, or more pay. This is the professional way. That way I have no reason to cry or over expect on the work being done. By the way, I pay much more than $1 per 100 words. Instead of cutting each others throats, honest workers show raise their price and show their capability.

Bad workers hurt other honest workers. Making a bad hire and complaining, hurts other people that hire in worker's eyes. So it is not "You get what you pay for". It is how good you communicate, and respect each other.

COMMUNICATION = QUALITY WORK PAID RIGHT = QUALITY WORK RECEIVED. Hope this helps settle the battle.

dyadvisor, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  3. Brandon.Add.On

Brandon.Add.On Peon

Best Answers:
    No offense but you get what you pay for. If you want more quality articles increase your pay.

Brandon.Add.On, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    That means if 2 people are selling the same Ebook, one at $97 and the other at $7, I should pay more? Is the $7.00 copy going to give me more insight.
    Sorry, I have made that costly mistake. To me communication and mutual fairness is when you get what you paid for.

dyadvisor, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  5. SuperSkyRockets

SuperSkyRockets Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow this is a bit of a to-do! I think this thread has highlighted the gulf in expectation between writers and clients at the fee level being discussed. A client hires a writer because they do not have the time and/or ability to write a piece to the same quality themselves and instead outsource the work to an expert. Now an expert writer is not just the guy who can put words in order to produce an effective message (although this is the most important aspect of the profession of course), but he is instead the guy providing the best writing service. This means his writing will be on time and to budget, he will carry out successful and comprehensive research as and where relevant and (as dyadvisor puts it) he communicates effectively with the client at all stages of the project including editing when the work is complete. The same is true of a programmer, accountant, lawyer, electrician or doctor.

If I was being paid under $3 for an article I wouldn't bother editing it at all, it isn't worth the time. Remember that when you pay a writer you pay for his knowledge, experience, service and time. And the time that the writer is budgeting for is the time it takes to find a piece of work, negotiate and agree on a price with a client, plan and research the work, write it, proof-read it, send it off to the client, maybe incorporate edits or sugeestions, send it off again and then collect payment! In this case how much does a writer on DP actually earn per man-hour? Not much. The only way they can make it worthwhile is by cutting corners, providing bad service, poor editing skills and ultimately, awful writing. This is why everyone keeps saying 'you get what you pay for.'

SuperSkyRockets, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  6. SuperSkyRockets

SuperSkyRockets Peon

Best Answers:
    In the second paragraph above I meant "suggestions" of course. Which is kind of my point!

Thinking about it, I'm sure that webmasters could make an effective business model by utilising writers willing to accept rubbish fees and editing pieces they receive. If you can find a writer to churn out content that you know how to use effectively to make money and have time to edit the pieces (or even pay to have them edited by another willing writer) then maybe you can make it work. Of course, it remains to be seen what the effective ROI is for a well-written piece that costs $50 and a poorly written piece that costs just $5 as there are other factors to consider.

Just don't expect top notch customer service from the writers at these wages (not all of them of course, I'm sure some will be nice to you) it just isn't worth their while. They aren't building a business based on successful client relationships and reputation, they are building it based on offering the lowest price. But that's DP, its an open market and what could be wrong with that?

SuperSkyRockets, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  7. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @dyadvisor

You made a couple of solid points. I don't agree with all that you said, but partially. It's important how you communicate with your customers. Actually, I spend 20% or more of my time in communication. This is not a strategy to only increase the quality of my work, but also to increase my pay rate. I spend valuable time replying to customers and explaining to them what I have done and why. This explains the additional costs and most of the time they agree, because I have nicely written the reply and convinced them. But this is not wasted time, I charge $15 or $20 on communication, so while it's not a lot and lower than my actual rate, it help boost my replies quality a lot compared if I wouldn't charge for it.

omarabid, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  8. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just catching up on some of these threads.

It is very sad to see what happened to the OP - but as much as I hate to say it, you get what you pay for. There are so many out there who have no idea what they are doing and don't care when they do a bad job!

Talk to a few people when looking for someone to do some work for you and see who you get a good feeling about. Run a mile from those who struggle to talk English if you want an article writing.

iNET SEO, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  9. KeithM2011

KeithM2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    hello writers,

I've had a client who asked me to write 6 300-350-word articles provided with keywords. The purpose of which according to him is to check the quality of my work and as samples as well. He told me to wait for a week for the result and updates of my application if I pass or not and that was after many follow up attempts. It took almost forever for him to inform me that I was one of the selected writers for their company and it took again many follow up attempts after the one-week as he promised me for the result. Everytime I send a follow up message to him, he gets pissed off because for it was a disturbance.

When he told me his company cannot afford to pay $4 each 300-350-word article, I asked him to tell me how much he his company can afford each article, and he said his company can only afford to pay half a dollar ($0.50) each single 300-350-word article. Due to the fact the price is so demeaning and outrageous, I decided not to accept the offer.

After almost a month when I was browsing my sent mails, I decided to clicked on the sample aritcles i sent him. I started searching google for any possible plagiarism and doplication of my articles. To my surprised, I found out that the 6 sample articles I wrote for them are now being published online.

I sent them a mail through his company site and told him to pay me $5 earch article for using it to promote products online and that if they won't pay me, I will send a letter of complaint to the media board.

and this is what I received:

"Hello,

You were removed from our list as all the day you distubed us with spam messages greetings. When we told you to wait for a particular day for test you even ever hour or minute asked the same question again and again.

You disturbed our executive even in meetings when his chat was on.

You did a test for us and whatever is done as a test we have full rights to use it as we want and to check it. Further without checking we cant know the quality of work. The price was not decided and whatever we quoted to you said no. There was no agreement between us for work or cost.

Still we can consider you for future projects. But if you have this type of behaviour. Then we are sorry to proceed further.

Best Regards

Management"

Am I wrong? what should I do? Please give me your comments. I am willing to accept chastisement from you writers if I did something wrong.

KeithM2011, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  10. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, Lord, I wish there were more intelligent people on this planet.

Both of you are a couple of idiots.

"Company." *chuckles* I almost choked on my egg McMuffin.

Perry Rose, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  11. caselek

caselek Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha Ha Ha. Me like this article much. Funny funny very.....!

caselek, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  12. directoryowner21

directoryowner21 Peon

Best Answers:
    You asked a person with very less posts and 0 itraders to write articles for you? What more? You are offering just 0.5$/100 words? You deserve that mate.

directoryowner21, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  13. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK lets look at one of your samples... These are "high quality articles".

"Before you place a bet on your favorite fight to win his next fight" should be "Before you place a bet on your favorite fighter to win his next fight"

And on the same high quality article...

"If you think that a fighter has a 40% chance to win but the sports book only thinks if is a 30%, well you may have just discovered an opportunity"

And if you want the end of that sentence to be correctly written, rather than saying "well you may have just discovered an opportunity" you should say "you may well have just discovered an opportunity"

Is this the sort of high quality work being touted around here?

I really hope they are some kind of a joke!

Andy

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
    iNET SEO, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    CAN YOU LISTEN AND READ? Right now 2 posts are going on where people, mostly poor country writers are making a fool out of themselves. Some do not care about their reputation. I care about fairness, and it is not true that you get what you pay for. I will prove it.

I will be posting a sincere post, called, "Double Your Pay on Articles." For those that care about their future, read it, and post plenty of comments. My shorter post will be a simple way to raise yourself to $8.00 an article minimum. Later I will show you how to make $10, $25, $50, and then up to $100 per article. Now this would be just to rich people in your Country. There is no reason you can not be like me and make $150 to $250 per article. I can provide the blueprint, but I can not provide the determination and English skills. Also anyone doubting me had better keep- their mouth shut, as I will make sure you do not see how. Than means ANYONE bragging speed or mentioning price.

I am tired of junk, I am tired of bidding wars. I am not God or Allah, but I am successful. However, I am in a race against time, to help others. In the meantime, I am going to write down the name of every fool who posts behind me here. I can not stop you from posting, but I can stop from giving you the opportunity to learn fast, and start making money.

So if are foolish keep posting away. In the meanwhile watch for my post, "Double Your Pay on Articles", which should appear with 30 hours. The future is yours. Mine is ending. You have a choice.

dyadvisor, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  15. Javi Uffhofen

Javi Uffhofen Active Member

Best Answers:
    That´s not an article, that´s trash.

Javi Uffhofen, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  16. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @dyadvisor . I will look forward to your thread and am sure will learn the ropes if you are generous enough to guide me through the initial stage. I started of at $1 per 500 words (for a very unscrupulous client, I must say, and that's not bcoz of the rate he gave me per article - he just didn't care about paying the writer, all he cared for was getting more and more .. and then some more work done "ASAP" ). I began at around Jan 2009 and worked casually through the next 4-5 months, while I awaited the birth of my newborn and struggled with pregnancy. Thereafter, I started full-force and though this has meant many sleep-deprived days for me in the beginning, now I am making a handsome amount in terms of my net earnings which I gather through several kinds of writings (affiliate , regular article writing, article marketing kinda writing) and am easily able to get $8-$10 per article here at DP (except for the clients who negotiate and sometimes I am just not able to say "No" because I am more of a "Yes -Yes" person :D ). Though I don't think that is a fair price for an article, it works for me at this stage and I really need to know how to break that false ceiling I have come against (I know searching for jobs at better places would be one idea but it's a big chore if you have 1 year old baby to take care of LOL).... I would love anybody and everybody giving me practical tips on what to do and what not to.

WebBuddy, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  17. SwimFinn

SwimFinn Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a few things you can do.

You're the author and you were not compensated for your work. I'm pretty sure that you own the copyright.

One option is you can rewrite the articles and offer them very cheap to others who are using those keywords.

Another option is to spoil the SEO value of your articles. Make them be duplicate content by posting many copies of the articles.

And while you're in a bunch of article directories, also write up an article about your experience and spread that around, to help warn others about this kind of thing. Even if you don't mention the name of the thieves, you could mention the keywords as examples of fields to beware of.

SwimFinn, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  18. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try contacting the webmaster of the domain where the above mentioned articles are hosted (webmaster@dom.ain) explaining your situation to them. If you do not get a reply from them within a reasonable period of time, send them a reminder along with a copy of the previous mail, inquiring if they have taken any steps to rectify the problem. If you still do not receive any reply after a fortnight or so, forward both the complaint mails to the `registrar of domains.' This should help.

parsibagan, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  19. M A Kay

M A Kay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree with you. Ignore him, he's just a kid.

M A Kay, May 4, 2010 IP