1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time it takes to update the Meta data

Discussion in 'Google' started by pratik, Apr 25, 2010.

Hi there,

I am working on SEO for a corporate site. And after getting some suggestions here I have changes the Meta Tags for individual pages (keywords, descriptions).

Its been 3-4 days that I have changed the data. But still when I search on Google I see the old meta description. Any ideas how much time it takes for the description tag to get updated in Google. I have checked google webmasters and the crawling looks ok to me.

I wanted the description and title to be changed as I am also using Google Custom Search on the site. And the results which shows up contains the same title and description for every page as the old site had.

pratik, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  2. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It would take not over 2-3 days in generally. However, there are some other factors involved with this matter including the inbound links popularity and website update history. How frequently your website updating?

Sxperm, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  3. stefffff

stefffff Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you have a daily updated site it shouldn't take too long, a couple of days... if you have a static website that might take a while, depending on several factors. sxperm is right about it

stefffff, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  4. microman007

microman007 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends. If the Google spider come to your website. It will be updated

microman007, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  5. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    It can take a month (or longer) before google does a deep crawl of all the pages of your site, but each page that gets crawled should show up with the new meta tags when the new data is sent to the data centers. How often and how deep a site is crawled is largely dependant on PageRank, the frequency of change you have set in your site map (if you have one), and historically how much your site updates pages to some extent.

It's just a case of letting the bots get on with their job while you go about your normal work and not worry about it.

vagrant, Apr 25, 2010 IP
    pratik likes this.
  6. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I see that the title of my homepage has been updated on the google search.. But the description is still the old one. And the last cached date is of 20th April.

pratik, Apr 25, 2010 IP
    vagrant likes this.
  7. Allthebest

Allthebest Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to take at lest 30 days for changing your mats tags.

Allthebest, Apr 26, 2010 IP