1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would this be a good decision?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ComDriver, Sep 12, 2006.

I’m creating a niche website, and I’m trying to find a domain name which would suit my site. I’m basing the site around a specific keyword, but all the domains for that keyword have been taken, except for the .ws extension. Do you think it would be a good idea for me to get the .ws version which is the exact keyword I want to target without hyphens?

ComDriver, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  2. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    the extension matters for type-in traffic, not traffic through search engines. so, decide accordingly.

agnivo007, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  3. everypcneed

everypcneed Peon

Best Answers:
    The ws TLD is becomming more popular. So if your target is search engine traffic then yes you should choose it.

If most of your traffic will be expected from the user typing the address into the browser then you run the risk of directing traffic to the .com domain as this is the most popular.

Rick

everypcneed, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. ComDriver

ComDriver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I'm aiming for search engine traffic so I'll probably go for the .ws. The .info would be ideal but it doesn’t look I’ll be getting it. I'm guessing the .ws will not affect my search engine position?

ComDriver, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. everypcneed

everypcneed Peon

Best Answers:
    The ws TLD will not affect you SE traffic or positioning. Just treat it as any other domain when performing SEO and adding content.

Rick

If you think this post was useful ensure to rate me!!

everypcneed, Sep 12, 2006 IP
    ComDriver likes this.
  6. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i used an alternate TLD to .com with several of my websites, simply because it rings better without .com sometimes

frankcow, Sep 12, 2006 IP