1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference between Press Release and Article Submission

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by meetali, Apr 20, 2010.

Press Release is type of New's. Right
    And article submission is like.. we write any article related to our site and submit in article directory...

Can any one please tell me at-least 4 to 5 difference between Press Release and Article Submission.

meetali, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  2. software_reviews

software_reviews Peon

Best Answers:
    press release has more value ( I am talking about paid ones with good sites like prweb )...

software_reviews, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  3. chauhanmanish

chauhanmanish Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Meetali,

The basic difference between a PR and an Article is the nature of the content. In PR, you write about your company updates, news, events etc and you can also self promote yourself in the content. However, in Article, you write informative content about a specific topic and you can not promote yourself anywhere in the content.

chauhanmanish, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. jacob_seo

jacob_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    A 'Press Release' is a statement that is released by a company, an organization or an individual.

A press release should only contain authentic 'news' i.e. it should be supported by facts, accurate dates and times, quotes from a company spokesperson or representative.

Press Releases can you a lot of traffic as well as ensure backlinks, but you should be extremely careful about how the press release is framed.

Never use a press release to market or pitch a product or service.

An article is a short passage about a particular topic or niche, written by an expert with proven credentials.

Articles should be concise and to the point.

It should be well written and informative, not written just for the sake of promoting products or getting backlinks.

Most Article submission sites allow the author to place a link back to his/her personal site at the bottom of the article (in the Author Bio section).

jacob_seo, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Press Relise : A company news about their newly lunch product, services, any kind of changes and self promotion of the Company

Article: You must be write on a Topic related that topic you need to write 300-400 words and in ther resourse section you are allowed to point your website link

sousen, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  6. nadia712

nadia712 Peon

Best Answers:
    In a word: syndication. With press releases, if you submit to the right sites, your content (and backlinks!) will often be picked up by other websites that grab content from press release sites. They generally do this to keep their content up-to-date with the latest news - which is exactly what press releases are supposed to provide. So, PRs generally give you more "bang for your buck" than articles do. You do have know where the most effectively syndicated press release sites are, though.. (hint: they're not usually the ones you pay for!)

nadia712, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  7. Thomasan

Thomasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Press Release: A press release can be about a happening that influences your business, or it can be concerning a modification in your corporation that will concern your client base.

Article:- The purpose of the article is to disseminate information, share expert knowledge and tips to an industry, market or process. The only part where we promote ourselves is at the end of the article.

Thomasan, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  8. Jib

Jib Peon

Best Answers:

You are absolutely right Jacob.. Now a days peoples more keen to promote products / services by PR and articles.. and this is what most of the directories tightening there guidelines !!!!

Jib, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  9. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    hahahh

i think some one has ask you this question in interview

rohnsmith, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  10. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission is submitting or writing content for the purpose of promoting your product or website and providing fresh content for the readers of the article sites while doing so

Press release submission is alternative to advertisement, announcement of your launch of business, service or product and they are blatant advertisements too.

COBSolutions, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  11. meetali

meetali Active Member

Best Answers:
    :)) you are correct. But at that time I knew only few points...now I got lot's of differences between PR and Articles.
    And I learned more about that like:
    PR through we can promote our site
    No limit of description/body (content)
    In PR we have to add our details like phone no., add...

Thanks everyone.. Hope my next interview will be Final and I will get Job in Nice Company ;)

meetali, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  12. funmasti.org

funmasti.org Peon

Best Answers:
    @jacob

u have the right definition

funmasti.org, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  13. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a article, as someone implied, is something that's related to your product, company or something.. there are press release site that you can submit and article directories for articles...and press release is like a promotional ads of a particular site, company or business...

unknownpray, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  14. gaurav17kumar

gaurav17kumar Guest

Best Answers:
    good luck..

gaurav17kumar, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  15. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the difference based on my research: A press release is related to a particular event, program, or piece of information by an organization that succinctly describes the who, what, where, when, why, and how of the story. It intended for news media. The article can also be related to a particular event, but is more oriented towards an opinion rather than information. Also an article should be more elaborated, more oriented towards expressing views and opinions or describing ideas in a wider range of subjects and styles..

Google would love to help you out.

carol.prime, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  16. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone above do already said about the different and meaning between Press Release and Article Submission. I would like to add a little more.

You should change your mindset about PR first. Even link from PR have more value compared to common article submission, but main PR purpose is to announce your company / website important news and not for a backlink purpose. You can do article submission daily if you wants but you cannot do PR daily. You can do PR when you have something really important to make an announcement only.

Sxperm, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  17. rajendradhakal

rajendradhakal Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you so much
    really very nice information

rajendradhakal, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  18. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is simple. Articles - Information. PR - News, company info etc..

As simple as this.

samdar, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  19. soulravager

soulravager Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like to think of those 2 things like this:

Press Release = a normal paper(not a tabloid)
    Article Submission = Something in between a tabloid and a papper..

soulravager, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  20. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    Just adding to this thread:

Press Releases are time based - meaning they will eventually die off.

Articles last much longer, but do not provide a great deal of value.

sevnrock, Apr 26, 2010 IP