1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Importance of RSS in SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by xploit, Apr 22, 2010.

How important is the use of RSS in SEO?
    I was recently reading about the submission of rss blog feeds to sites creating the possibility of more traffic and backlinks however I think I am right in saying the rss feed is for the entire blog not per post.

Are there any wordpress plugins that would make an rss feed for an individual post or not?

xploit, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  2. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I m not sure about the plugin but there is RSS Feeds available for all of you blog entries, you can get a single RSS Feed entry on every single post.

asghar.paracha, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  3. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using RSSbot and several other manual services and have noticed I am getting many more trackbacks after about a month. Doesn't translate to direct traffic, but the backlinks will count in the long run.

ServerUnion, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  4. hospitalshospital

hospitalshospital Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS is good for site visitor view, RSS showing website update.

hospitalshospital, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  5. neerajseo

neerajseo Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, Rss is good way of website inner pages work and high traffic...

neerajseo, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  6. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are RSS provider - You get both traffics and some positive score in SEO perspective.

If you are using other RSS feeds to display content on your website - I would recommend not to use it. Why do you have to drive away your traffics to other ones?

Sxperm, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  7. mainstreamad

mainstreamad Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the first statement, but am not so sure about the second. Obviously you can do well using RSS feeds, look at sites like topix.com, which is essentially just a site with a bunch of news feeds mashed together. They rank tremendously well for a lot of terms. Yes you do have the chance that people are leaving your site, but if they come to know you as a source to find great info from around the web than you are the one who gets bookmarked or remembered as the site to visit next time. Also another way to possibly help the issue of people leaving your site it is have the links open in a new window, that way when they do leave your site is still open somewhere for them to come back to later.

mainstreamad, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  8. rilwis

rilwis Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand the term "rss for post". Do you mean rss for post comments? If that so, the WP has the built-in feed rss for that.

rilwis, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  9. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    RSS are one favorite food of SEs. Think that Google has feedburner (what do you think is the use of it?) :D

thunderbolt007, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  10. digitalpoint2

digitalpoint2 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can easily update your pages in google and optimized your site products and details very fast

digitalpoint2, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  11. Selena21

Selena21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think RSS is used to publish the frequently updated work such as blog entries, news headlines etc..

Selena21, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  12. brodiesword

brodiesword Peon

Best Answers:
    Use content management systems if you want the RSS feeds by default for your site. Scripts like Wordpress, Drupa, Joomla etc provides RSS feeds by default.

In my view you need RSS feeds for blogs and informational websites only. They are most effective on such sites.

brodiesword, Apr 23, 2010 IP