1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Prosperent – Can it be this easy?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by browntwn, Mar 31, 2010.

Prosperent – Can it be this easy?

I have a full time job but I still try to make money online in my few hours after work. I do some affiliate marketing and have some modest success with the major networks, cj, sas, linkshare, etc. Time is always my major factor and it simply is too damn hard to find matching products for every page and niche I am trying to work.

I have been using prosperent last couple months during their beta test and I have to say, for me, it is really making this way easier to get matching affiliate products where I get a piece of the sale on tons of sites (versus pennies on adsense clicks for same item). It was invite only but I think now open for all countries so I figured I would give my 2 cents and see what else people thought of it. Here is the run down why it seems to work for me. I have been slowly adding it to most of my sites – emphasis on slowly. (I am going to keep using the excuse that my wife had a baby 2 weeks ago for as the reason I am getting so little work done! (boy, 6lbs, 3oz – and healthy)

Anyone else trying it? Sucks for you? Working?

If you haven't heard if it you can check it at: prosperent but there might be a way cooler link in my sig that will launch firecrackers over your current location.

My plusses:

- Ridiculously large product catalog covering hundreds (probably thousands but who knows) of merchants.
    - Ad matches what your visitor searched on Google, not more of what is already on your page. (this is the coolest part to me)
    - Lol, my adsense actually went up on most sites after putting prosperent on with my adsense as the fall back. This actually solved something I needed to do anyway. Running adsense over and over in the same slot is not smart anyway; this gives me a prosperent match on the first page load after SE and then back to my adsense - giving me some variation on my pages.

I just do not have the time to check every merchant across multiple networks just to find some golf products or whatever. So I plop in some prosperent code and now if someone typed “callaway golf clubs” into google to get to my page then my ads match that, even when my page is on “titleist golf clubs” I follow the “came from” links on my statcounter and see for myself what those users end up seeing when they come of a serp.

They have a test query thingy where you can see what it will pull for any keyword.

[​IMG]

And it lets you take off any part you want from the ad:

[​IMG]
    It just gives me access to tons of products from a single source including some things I’d been rejected for directly – which is a nice work around for that problem when it happens.

My minuses:

- They have some features that are over my knowledge level and it is little annoying knowing there is more shit available but that I can’t figure it out. I did ask in the forum and they gave me an example of their custom query – which was helpful but I have not tried it yet. They are also saying that the ads will come in xml so you can manage the look and layout totally – but I have no idea how to do that so I guess I can keep using the easy ones. I really need a tutor – it is scary how little I know.

- They are still improving the stats such so the more info they give the better I can tweak things. I am still not sure how I can tell which of my sites all of my sales are coming from. I may need to re-set some of the way I did things initially.

Anyway, check it out.

I think Prosperent is going to be one of those things that everybody is using in a couple years and you are going to kick yourself for not trying it at the beginning - browntwn

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    browntwn, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Been using Prosperent since November when they first went into beta. Fantastic program. Earning about 3X what I did with adsense for the same volume of traffic.

1EightT, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  3. stevemdr

stevemdr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site on home interiors, do you think it would find stuff to match?
    I sell velvet wall papers but receive many hits for items like velvet jackets. Would this system convert them?

stevemdr, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would definitely find things that match. Whether they convert depends a lot a of factors, but trying it the only way to know for sure.

I checked PROSPERENT for some words related to what you mentioned and you can see below what type of things come up. What is cool is that you can just test anything in the test query and see what will come up. If you look at your logs of what searches are bringing visitors to your website and check them in prosperent to see what comes up. I do that and if they products look like a good match, I have been replacing adsense code with prosperent code using an adsense fallback.

Here is what I saw for velvet jackets, wallpaper, velvet furniture, etc.

This shows you the control panel where you can set the ad size, colors, etc. I just tried velvet jacket and this is the type of things it will show:

[​IMG]

this is what shows for velvet furniture:

[​IMG]

and just to show what it brings up for people searching for wallpaper:

[​IMG]

hope that helps.

browntwn, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  5. thn87

thn87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting.

Is placing these ads on the same page as Adsense, in any way against Google Adsense ToS? Since its contextual or at least keyword targeted advertisement?

thn87, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  6. browntwn

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people are trying to do something/anything to make some extra money to support their own family like I am trying to do with mine. I have found that making websites is relaxing after a stressful day of being a lawyer. I get home from work, play with my kids, and then after everyone is in bed, I get some time from about midnight to 3am every night to make some websites and work on my Internet projects. The fact that I can make a modest sum doing this website work has given me a real incentive to spend that time working aside from just finding it calming after a long stressful day.

@ thn87
    It is my understanding that it is fine. I am using Adsense as the Prosperent fall back so they are not showing at the same time, but I think it is okay to do that as well. I am checking on the Prosperent site to see if there is a more definitive answer. If you drop me a PM I can show you a site of mine and how I am using it.

browntwn, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  7. stevemdr

stevemdr Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great concept. We own may websites and the idea that you can capture an audience from the inside and outside is very appealing.

1) Prosperent seems to capture any searches that one makes on google then serves appropriate ads for the incoming search.
    2) Google searches your content and serves ads from that.

This is a wonderful way of never losing a lead. Thank you thank you !!!!

stevemdr, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  8. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it PPC?

vna1611, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  9. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Nope, it is affiliate. So you get paid a percentage of any sale resulting from your clicks.

browntwn, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  10. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    So has anybody besides the OP tried it and what have been your success?

sin, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  11. korki4

korki4 Member

Best Answers:
    i am trying it but no sales yet( although i just stareted 4 days ago)

korki4, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  12. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    Haven't had any luck either. Lots of clicks, no sales. I read they don't filter bot clicks so I bet those were bot clicks. Their forum is dead and they moderate the posts. Not a good idea as it doesn't convey trust. I'll try it for one more week. Anybody knows of a forum that have more discussions about Prosperent? Can't find any.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    sin, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  13. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    They don't moderate their forums? I've been on there for months and never had a post moderated. If you are new and have only posted a couple times, it is probably an anti spam measure (having run several vbulletin sites, that is a huge problem. It is also the easiest solution)

I also don't know where you got the notion that bot clicks are counted.

1EightT, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  14. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have posted there before and posts were not moderated. I tried to post recently and posts were moderated.

From the owner himself. From their forum.

sin, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  15. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Sin,

drop me a pm, I happy to show you some of my sites and what I am doing and see if I can be any help if you are interested.

browntwn, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  16. wiidbz

wiidbz Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been making some money from Prosperent, not a lot, just a couple hundred every month. It's a good replacement/back up for Adsense.

Conversion rate is about the same as adsense, but ecpm is higher... for me at least :D

http://prosperent.com/ref/214543

wiidbz, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  17. c1onejohn

c1onejohn Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm. I am still not sure which one is better, adsense or prosperent. Looking for more reviews.

c1onejohn, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  18. mr.ection

mr.ection Member

Best Answers:
    Prosperent is great for if you have product based sites. If you do product reviews and such. Adsense has the service market corned, but Prosperent has stepped in to fill the void for easy intelligent product sales. I've been using it for some time now and doing well with it.

mr.ection, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  19. jewmark

jewmark Peon

Best Answers:
    Another affiliate program. I may spent a few post with affiliate links. Quite good product there

jewmark, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  20. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Just a little update ...

Prosperent still pays promptly each month via paypal (I think others like payoneer too but not sure since I use PayPal). They have 50,000,000+ products in their database from basically every affiliate program of note - cj.com, shareasale, pepperjam, google affiliate network, etc. They have TONS of merchants, basically if a products exists for sale - they have it. (go ahead search for something on one of my sites and see for yourself)

They are not some nobody company - just new - so lots of people just have not heard of them yet. You will - they are really changing affiliate marketing. (They get the datafeeds for all the merchants and clean it all and make it available from ONE source!)

They are well respected in the industry and are featured publisher with cj.com, etc.
    http://www.cj.com/featured_publishers.html

They have done some amazing stuff with their API and make tons of data available for you to use. I barely understand it, but have bought a couple templates that let me just toss up some pretty cool full niche affiliate sites pretty easily. If you see a Halloween related site in my signature here over the next couple months it most probably is site based on prosperent API.

Their ads are super easy to use and someone on their forum has a wordpress mod to add prosperent ads easily to posts.

PROSPERENT is definitely worth checking out if you get any kind of product based traffic.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    browntwn, Aug 25, 2010 IP