1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Improve my AdWords Campaign

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by OFFMason, Apr 19, 2010.

Hey there folks,

Please take a gander at my landing page, http://www.samardin.com

Ordinarily, each click would cost $4-6 with AdWords, with practically no conversion. Craigslist has been getting the job done for free. I stopped using AdWords recently due to poor performance and just got back onto the horse to try again. I've restarted with a Content Network centered campaign, which I hope will result in more traffic for cheaper.

A couple of my ads:

Samardin | Law Office
    Need a Lawyer? Free Case Evaluation
    732.858.1LAW -- NJ & NY Licensed
    www.Samardin.com

Samardin | Law Office
    Need an Attorney? Free Consultation
    732.858.1LAW -- NJ & NY Licensed
    www.Samardin.com

I have the following keywords, quality score is no more than 3 on any of the keywords.

"new jersey"
    "new jersey lawyers"
    [new jersey lawyers]
    [lawyers in new jersey]
    [nj lawyers]
    "lawyer in new jersey"
    "lawyer in nj"
    "new jersey law firms"
    "nj lawyers"
    "nj law firms"
    "lawyers in nj"
    "lawyers in new jersey"
    [nj law firms]
    [attorneys in NJ]
    "expungement lawyers"
    "nj employment lawyers"
    "attorneys in NJ"
    "reckless driving"
    [reckless driving]

Any advice or suggestions for my particular account is welcome. Thanks!

OFFMason, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  2. mjwoodi

mjwoodi Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like the keywords you are bidding on are not mentioned on the page at all.

Have a look at using something like http://www.affiliatestuff.co.uk/qui...n-landing-pages-kirstys-affiliate-quick-tips/ to dynamically insert the bidded keyword into your page. This could be done in the title, meta tags, footer etc but only when someone has come from adwords

This will increase the quality score significantly.

Thanks

mjwoodi, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  3. OFFMason

OFFMason Peon

Best Answers:
    Does AdWords use the ref variable? Yeah I don't think that'll work.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With a QS of 3, most of your keywords are likely deemed irrelevant. As was pointed out, reason is because they are not mentioned on the landing page. Even if they were, your QS would be 5-6.

"new jersey" is not a relevant keyword, neither is "reckless driving".

You should group keywords by theme. You have different themed keywords in your list.

Click costs are likely high for lawyers but always nice to reduce them. Higher QS will do that, if your keywords were relevant. Then you need to increase your click rate.

Your ads are ho-hum, one reason why nobody clicks. So is the landing page. Why should I choose you?

Lean more with the free Adwords FAQ.

Lucid Web Marketing, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  5. OFFMason

OFFMason Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is... how would I go about selecting more targeted keywords?

I use New Jersey Lawyer or variations of that phrase, because if I just use the term lawyer or attorney, my ad never goes anywhere near the top 6 or 7 listings.

If I use New Jersey Lawyer (or some other similar combination) I can get in the top 3 listings, for around $6-8.00 a click. I am not sure that it can get better than this.

I think that ad campaigns for lawyers are simply too difficult to master. We also do not limit ourselves in a particular practice area - it is general full service practice. One of our selling points is that the firm is multi-lingual.

I ran an ad-campaign for a dentist friend of mine in Virginia. His campaign is working very well. Good conversion rates for $4-5.00 per click -- in the top 3 listing for Virginia Beach dentist.

I feel like the lawyer field is tougher to market on AdWords -- might have been a mistake to try again.

6. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't use lawyer or attorney, that is not specific enough, not targeted enough. What kind of lawyer are you? Use those keywords. For example, "divorce lawyer in new jersey". Even better, in "mytown". Isn't NJ too big for you?

I don't think it's a mistake to have tried again. You are just doing things wrong. I also think you can get clicks for lower than $6-8 and your dentist friend for lower than $4-5. I can manage those for you or get my book.

Lucid Web Marketing, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  7. TOMCCO

TOMCCO Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try using a cheaper search engine to try out your keywords before paying high prices on Google, i.e. MIVA. As mentioned above you need to have the keywords present on your website - look on the net for some basic SEO techniques.

TOMCCO, Apr 21, 2010 IP