1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Please.. Digital Goods.. 1st time advertiser..

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by zinghana, Apr 20, 2010.

Hi all,

I am looking to expand my revenue sources and was hoping to get some advice, the product is vBulletin forum skins, i am currently relying on organic traffic at the moment, but looking at putting a couple of thousand into an adwords campaign.. anyways.. i was wondering if using Clickbank and CJ would help increase my profits...

The problem is i sell my designs for $19- so it's going to be hard to offer a large percent / per sale, and i wonder how many / if anyone would sign up to become an affiliate knowing the product sells for only $19-

I am considering splashing out on a affiliate system for my site, but would like to know if i should just use established companies such as CJ and Clickbank...

Any advice idea's how to increase revenue methods for digital products would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies, i will check back shortly,

Cheers :)

zinghana, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  2. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe ive posted in the wrong section ?

Advice on this subject is greatly appreciated, really looking to expand revenue sources ASAP and some feedback would really help me out.

Thanks

3. Zeokat

Zeokat Member

Best Answers:
    One little idea can be offer some of your products free but keeping a copyright at the footer with a link to your desing web.

Other way can be give one of those skins free a vb.org or similar, but with link to your webpage.... is an idea, i never was a fan of buy ads at a place, but can be an option add a bnaner to some desing place with a lot of visits, but the price can be high, not sure.

Hope it helps.

Zeokat, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. eel_boy

eel_boy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, trying to give my opinion only.

I think you are selling digital media, right? not the physical goods. Then what's the problem? Digital media is not likely to run out like the physical ones. You can sell, sell, and sell them again to various customer with one design. Just look at those sites who are selling templates. They have the templates for $10. And they have affiliate programs also.

What I want to say is, digital goods, takes one cost only when it is produced for the very first time. Then? no more cost in production. The cost would be in advertise the product. Usually, the affiliates don't mind the amount of goods to be sold, as long they have the proof that you are not cheating them.

One of my colleague, ever sell a digital goods and receive the commission up to 75% from the price of the goods itself. If you can do the same thing, I think it would be a teaser for the affiliate to sell your product. But, the decision is back to you my friend.

CB and CJ are having plenty of affiliate. It can be a good place to search for affiliate marketer. I think, it's one good choice if you could join them. And what are Zeokat is talking about also can be one model for your marketing strategy.

Well, that's all folks. And good luck.

eel_boy, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers for the feedback :)

6. TOMCCO

TOMCCO Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also try doing some Link Exchanging (no cost involved) See Business Section of Digital Point.

Good luck

TOMCCO, Apr 21, 2010 IP