How can I design Like this http://www.search-this.com/category/css/

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Venus, Dec 9, 2007.

Hi Friends ,
    How can I design , and What softwares Should I use to design a Webstie like this:
    http://www.search-this.com/category/css/

I have some basic Knowledge about Photo Shop 7.0 .
    Want to learn points bellow.
    Layout
    left navigation / Content Boxes
    Background image
    To mention the visitor that where I am now in my website. ( Home » Website Promotion » etc.......)

Please Help me .......
    Thanks .......Venus.......

Venus, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  2. creative4w3

creative4w3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's actually a pretty good layout to learn on. All you'd need to know is basic photoshop and preferably know enough CSS to code by hand. Sounds like you'll need to learn CSS.

Make one set of top corners and bottom corners for each column (since all boxes in one column are the same width), then make classes in CSS that will add inner padding and spacing margin for each box, and you can literally use the same 4 classes to style that entire layout.

But, again, I don't know how much CSS you know, so if you're not good with it find a good free tutorial online or visit sites like alistapart.com and read as much as you can. Read, read, read. Take notes. Once you have a strong understanding of CSS and the tricks, that will be really fun to re-create.

What you're talking about with "Home >> Website" etc is just a navigation tree, and you'll need to know the scripting/programming language of whatever scripts/cms you're using. A lot of CMS/packages come with easy to add navigation trees for people who don't know the underlying language.

But again I don't know how much you know so it's hard. Just use Google and start reading.

creative4w3, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  3. Venus

Venus Member

Best Answers:
    I am a Beginner in
    Adobe Photo Shop
    Css.

Venus, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  4. meonex

meonex Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you want to design the whole site or the basic tutorial in the page?

meonex, Apr 21, 2010 IP