1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help - My Title in Google won't change

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ganja Gardener, Apr 20, 2010.

About a month ago I changed the title for my website http://www.GanjaGarden.org to "Ganja Garden - How to Grow Marijuana"

But it doesn't show up that way in google, it just says "Ganja Garden - Index Page"

How can I make it change?

Thanks,

-GG

PS: Its a site for medical growers, I do not promote illegal drug use!

Ganja Gardener, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  2. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    wait few days if google will reindex your site that time you got your title in google.

seo555, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  3. Xpertofseo

Xpertofseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe google has not crawled your site after changes you made. so wait till to next crawl. Submit your website to www.google.com/addurl to make google crawl your website

Xpertofseo, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. niroshana35

niroshana35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Allow few weeks to let Google re update your web page stats. You can also monitor it using webmaster tools such as how often Google update your pages.

niroshana35, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. slimjim2010

slimjim2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google last crawled that page on Apr 15, 2010 19:58:56 GMT, update the page with new content, or sit back & wait for Google to crawl again.

It will happen on it's own. I say that since you have an established site, that was crawled less than a week ago...

slimjim2010, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  6. chauhanmanish

chauhanmanish Peon

Best Answers:
    Let google index the changes. As soon as it indexes the changes, the changes will be visible on the website.

chauhanmanish, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  7. funmasti.org

funmasti.org Peon

Best Answers:
    it takes time, u must wait for that.. u can make this precess fast. goto webmaster tools> setting and increase crawl rate

funmasti.org, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  8. solidradicle

solidradicle Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your website to www.google.com/addurl, increase the crawl rate and simultaneously do some off page activities. This will definitely help your site to be indexed on google with the new title.

solidradicle, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  9. rakker126

rakker126 Peon

Best Answers:
    Or place a link on a populair well crawled site.

rakker126, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  10. sarahbroughton

sarahbroughton Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah the more links pointing to your site the quicker your site will get reindexed. The quicker your site gets reinddexed the quicker changes like this will take! Consider updating your page often, with maybe rss feeds or something. This will help Google to come back more quickly!

sarahbroughton, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  11. kuldep

kuldep Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all make sure that your site is being indexed by google and if its has already been done , then you need to wait to reindex it as now a days Google refilters the site to make it more efficient nad relevant for users and might be in second indexing it displays your changed options.

kuldep, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  12. Ganja Gardener

Ganja Gardener Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks you guys, It turns out it's more complicated than I thought so I asked it in the PHPBB forum, but maybe you can help!

The title changes depending on wether you're logged in. When you're logged in (like the google bots) it reads "Ganja Garden o Index Page" but when you're not logged in it has the proper title. Do you know how to change the logged in title page?

Thank you,

-GG

Ganja Gardener, May 10, 2010 IP