1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple question about google I just dont know

Discussion in 'Google' started by isk, Apr 21, 2010.

am doing an essay on e-marketing and search engine optimisation is a main topic. Am writing about google and a business which has a sponsored link but is only featured on about the 30th page, does have the sponsored link mean they are trying to boost their overall page rank? or is this not how google works. Thanks a lot for the help

isk, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  2. wayner

wayner Peon

Best Answers:
    By sponsored do you mean they run Adwords ads on Google and their ad appears on the 30th page? If so then this sponsored link has nothing to do with seo, its just paid advertising and has no seo benefit.

wayner, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  3. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think before you are going further with your essay, you should write more clear question first. I do not quite understand your exact question but will try to sum them up.

1. Sponsored Listing in Google is an advertising come from advertisers in Google. They are using Google advertising programs called "Google Adwords". This has nothing to do with SEO or boost PR anyway.

2. What did you mean by 30th page?
    - If you did mean a certain website got ranked for certain keyword at 30th page, then it is not a featured listing but organic results ranking
    - If you did mean a certain website has their advertising appeared on 30th page, then it is a "Sponsored Listing" and not any featured listing you mentioned.

I will not go into more details for now. I would recommend you read more threads here and do research on yourself. It would be useless by asking for an instant answer just to copy and paste into your essay.

I am not sure if your essay is english or not, but I would recommend you learn more about grammar and punctual. Your english need a lot of improvement anyway.

P.S. I am not native english speaking and my english isn't that perfect either. :) But you do understand what I said at least.

Sxperm, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  4. isk

isk Peon

Best Answers:
    ha, its funny, Im from england and was born here, sometimes I just write two fast and don't focus on 'making sense' :) So maybe what i was really asking is, are websites which appear for a key term on the main google page, which are not sponsored links, entirely there through site traffic ranking? is that how google works? or not? ha, thanks for the help

isk, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  5. croxxknight

croxxknight Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what are you trying to say here.. Sponsored link from Google? Is it Adsense you're refer to? Google is a Search Engine that help you to be seen based on your ranking.. I don't understand the "does have the sponsored link mean they are trying to boost their overall page rank" part.. If you're asking about PageRank then I have something else to say.. PR doesn't matter much for your SERP (search engine result page) but if you want to make your site worth a little more so later you want to sell blogroll, site, etc then PR may boost the price :) I hope this helps.. Maybe this is what you're looking for.. But, if this doesn't helps.. Please reply and ask properly.. There's many webmasters here.. So, no worries :)

croxxknight, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  6. croxxknight

Best Answers:
    The sponsored links are not coming into SERP without paying Google.. They're using Adwords to place their "keyword specified" site there.. If somebody click to it then Google get paid by the "sponsored links" sites..

7. isk

isk Peon

Best Answers:
    are sites that appear through searches of key terms, that are no sponsored, there through pure traffic ranking only, is what I am asking

isk, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  8. croxxknight

Best Answers:
    traffic ranking = alexa rank..
    Anyway, you don't want to know about alexa rank yet.. It doesn't matter much.. If you want to get traffic from Google (search engine) then you have build backlinks to your site so that your site rank better on search engine.. Just keep on building backlinks for your site..

9. wayner

wayner Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your talking about "organic" listings and how the sites come to be there, rather than "paid" listings where the site pays to be in the position?

Organic listings are ranked by how important Google considers a page to be, this level of importance is arrived at via a number of factors such as the number of back links, where those back links come from, the content within the site, the sites age, the sites hosting location plus a million other things.

So if a site is in the number 1 position for a particular keyword, it is there because, based on googles idea of what an important site is, it ranked the highest. Simples... :)

wayner, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  10. isk

isk Peon

Best Answers:
    good answer, thanks

isk, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  11. harsha22

harsha22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Sponsored links means paid advts. It doesn't increase the page rank

harsha22, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  12. isk

isk Peon

Best Answers:
    sponsored links do generate site traffic tho, which does increase the rank? so sponsored links do potentially increase site rank?

isk, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  13. Jinx3000

Jinx3000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no - traffic is not a ranking factor - obviously if this traffic brings in links from users linking to the content - that's a whole other thing (but a very secondary result all together)

Jinx3000, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  14. Integrated Solutions

Integrated Solutions Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, That was something new to hear...Get to learn lot from this forum..

Integrated Solutions, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  15. berg101

berg101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting your links in Google by paying money i.e Sponsored Links does not in ny mean increase your site rank or page rank, they just show up on the 1st page on the targeted keyword, Organic listings are created through a proper format, sequence goes like this:-

- You create a page and ping Google to crawl it.
    - Bot gives a visit to your page for a seconds pre-alloted to him and crawl as much he can in that particular time that depends on your site format and downloading time.
    - Crawled data is than reviewed by the automated system and the keywords are pulled out on the basis of proximity, tags and title.
    - and then your webpage is stored and indexed under the specific category according to your page authority which is decided by the content quality, backlinks and many other factors.
    - whenever you search for that particular keyword, the data is called from the database and SERP's are shown to you in proper format.

In contrary to that sponsored links ranking depends on the money you pay and if you pay the same amount as your competitor is paying than the rank is decided again through the authority of the page..

Hope you got your answer..
    cheers.!!

berg101, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  16. emailm

emailm Peon

Best Answers:
    you may get more clear answer, if you rephrase your question. Its totally confusing..

emailm, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  17. croxxknight

Best Answers:
    Yea.. It's funny that I don't really get what he's trying to ask :confused:

croxxknight, Apr 22, 2010 IP