1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Machine or Machines?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by tradingnames.org, Apr 20, 2010.

Hi folks

Sorry to be totally annoying and ask another one of those plural v singular questions, but which do you think is better at the end of a domain name machine or machines? I am asking in regards to something manufacturing related.

Many thanks

tradingnames.org, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  2. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    in this case both are good to have. if you have the chance getting both name try to get those

chandan123, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  3. wayner

wayner Peon

Best Answers:
    The plural is better in my experience, Google is smart enough to return sites with the plural domain even when the search is singular, but is much less likely to return a singular domain for a plural search.

wayner, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed two things:
    1) Plural usually makes more sense for a serious website you intend to use
    2) Singular usually sells for more money in a domain auction (I noticed this on a list of the top selling domains, and on DNjournal.com)

From a consumer perspective, I think plural usually makes more sense (i.e., shoes.com vs. shoe.com, trucks.com vs. truck.com) but it depends on the word itself.

Keep in mind that you should have a chance of ranking for both singular and plural versions of your domain keyword with basic SEO.

Pixelrage, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  5. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    Get the singular one to avoid typos.

Cheat, Apr 23, 2010 IP