1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

United States Heading towards a Depression?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by decoyjames, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Not sure what was in the Frontline episode but the liberals have little desire to give anything at all to the corporations.

The national debt would be the only reason to mind why the Democrats have not specifically lowered payroll taxes. The Republicans squandered tax legislation on the wealthiest but it was the working class at the time who voted Republican so subconsciously maybe this is the payback by Democrats to answer the question in some other way.

Renewal of the Bush tax cuts by years end will not be payroll related but will probably be renewed for the middle class with the taxes restored to the wealthy. Personally if they do not restore the cut in dividend taxes I will not be a happy camper.....Bush did have a few good ideas.

Breeze Wood, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I really would like whatever it is you are smoking.

Wow... Some of the goofy crap that is posted here blows my mind.

Mia, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Um, we're talking about Democrats, not Liberals. They are not the same. Try to keep up.

The Frontline episode exposed how the entire health care legislation was all about the Democrats desire to give massive amounts of taxpayer dollars to drugs companies and HMOs while screwing over doctors and average citizens. You should watch it.

I agree with Mia - whatever you're smoking, you should pass it around!

In case you missed it, the Democrats squandered trillions of taxpayer dollars on the wealthiest people and Wall Street handouts. In case you missed it, that ballooned the National Debt to stratospheric proportions. In case you missed it, the middle class got historically screwed by the Democrats.

And what is the deal with your comment about those who "voted Republican so subconsciously"? Really - pass around whatever it is you're smoking, it must be the best!

I tried to understand that ramble until I read the unintelligible "taxes restored to the wealthy".

Forget what I wrote about whatever you smoke - it's clearly damaged your brain.

Corwin, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You miss a lot when you're stoned all the time... I think "Breeze" is probably the best name he could have picked...

Mia, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  5. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    You two haven't much else to do, having your ideas discarded by the previous elections - by Liberals among many others and lots of luck in the future.

Always enjoyed the Breeze while building. Designing, realestate and trading in the market take up most of my time now.

Breeze Wood, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Playing monopoly does not make you a real estate mogul. I'm surprised your mom lets you use the computer as much as you do.

Obamanation, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Honestly, do not quit your day job, because your pearls of wisdom here are not going to earn you much more than pity and laughter.

Mia, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  8. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    The three of you should be relieved after the midterms, if the polls hold up, to not have to walk around in just your jock straps.....the Republicans are going to do just fine.

Breeze Wood, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  9. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Oh no, maybe there is hope for a more sane gov't after all.....where was Sara? Another member that will continue the rout from the Great Recession to national solvency.

Breeze Wood, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm starting to wonder if you have the first clue about politics. Maybe you should read up on the district that Deutch just won. Heres a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida's_19th_congressional_district

You'll notice that it has a D+15 voting index, which means that the population of that district vote for the Democrat candidate in any given election normally by 15 margin over the national average. It is quite possible his mostly uncontested and unpublicized election fell short of normal expectations for the district. You may find this interesting. Here is a map of the district:
    [​IMG]

You'll notice it looks like a jigsaw puzzle with a big piece missing out of the middle. That is what is called gerrymandering, and it is how people like Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank can do and say the things they do with almost no fear of being thrown out of office. Thanks for the reminder that gerrymandering is one of the things we need to be rid of, along with terms without limits.

There will be MANY races the democrats don't loose this fall. Hell, maybe everyone will forget about how badly they got f*cked by November, and the Democrats will pick up seats! Short term memory of the electorate matches historical precedent. You trying to tout this win as some kind of big Democratic victory just makes you sound uninformed. Just trying to help.

Obamanation, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  11. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

The election was noted to favore the Democrats - nonetheless the Republican did not fair any better than previous elections and does give Democrats some hope for an informed electrate and was in Republican dominated Florida where the gerrymandering is done exclusively by the Republican party.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Then why bother posting it?

By the outcome, that hope seems lost, no?

Republican dominated Florida? Exclusively by the Republican party? Pass the crack pipe please.

Obamanation, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  13. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Thew simple post spoke for itself - get a life.

14. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of those daily GOP Right Wing lies that the Right Wing loves to throw out.

If you lie every single day, some people are going to believe your lies no matter how crazy they may be.

Take a look at Pelosi's district: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=CA&district=8

Its entirely contiguous and logical. In fact, The contiguous and logical looking districts to the North, East, and South are all occupied by Dems. You could make changes in these logical congressional districts and its more than probable the area would still be dominated by Dems. Its the total opposite of gerrymandering, as shown in the picture above. Pelosi's seat is not an example of gerrymandering.

Take a look at Barney Frank's district: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=MA&district=4.

It is contiguous and logical. Here is the funny thing about Massachusetts. Every one of the 10 Congressional seats is occupied by a Dem. Want to cut it up differently???? Odds are the congressional seats are going to be represented by Dems!!!!!

Barney Frank's seat is not an example of gerrymandering!!!!!

So why would O_Nation throw out such an obviously BIG LIE. Lets repeat it for all to see, especially in light of the obvious examples in which both Pelosi and Franks seats are not gerrymandered.

(Obamanation's statement for all to see)..."gerrymandering, and it is how people like Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank can do and say the things they do with almost no fear of being thrown out of office."

Why would someone living in San Francisco make such an obvious stupid, misinformative, outright lying statement????

The GOP wants to attack, attack, attack, every day. It doesn't matter if the statements are true, false, threatening, etc. The strategy is simply to attack.

They love character assassination. Turn a couple of Dems into huge villains every day. Doesn't matter if the attacks are true or not. Just attack and character assassinate every day.

Its very much in the same vein of approach as all those who only care about power and couldn't give a rat's ass about truth.

Nice going Obamanation. When all you can do is throw out lies and character assassination, who can believe anything you would say!!!

earlpearl, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  15. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

As the polls are turning, the Democrats need all the good news they can get and here it is. This is what the market has correctly been predicting and those politicians for re-election need to build on the momentum. The electric should not be fooled by baseless / slandering pubs the likes of Abomination as mentioned - and expect their considerations placed above enterprisors and their corporations.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
    Breeze Wood, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Blogmaster, Apr 20, 2010 IP
    Mia likes this.
  17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more. I've been taking notes watching our president!

To be fair, in the bay area, there is absolutely no need to gerrymander, so they don't. You look at the districts surrounding Pelosi's district, and they all vote for Democratic candidates at ~75% majorities.

Tsk tsk, Earlpearl. Very misleading. Gerrymandering is done by both parties, but the majority of the examples provided on the wiki link in my post were districts that vote Democrat. I also don't know why you would use a chopped up map of Barney Frank's district which is unquestionably Gerrymandered. Here is a more complete image:
    [​IMG]
    If you are going to call someone a liar, your case would be better supported by present truthful evidence, don't you think?

Also true in California. Dems largely outnumber Republicans in overall voters. Thank god most of them don't vote. I think you are missing the point. The districts are being cut up in such a way as to create congressional seats which are "untouchable". It undermines accountability of a given politician to the voters. You can't possibly be for that, regardless of what party you support.

/cough. Care to retract that? I'll wait patiently.

Hehe. You went really over the top on this one, didn't you. I'm guessing you really didn't know Frank's district was gerrymandered before you wrote this post, so you decided to lay it on thick. Its cool. I enjoyed the irony of you trying to assail my character by calling me a character assassin. It demonstrates better than I ever could that the tools of the trade are used without reservation by both parties (and their supporters). I like to think conservatives are just better at it =).

Obamanation, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  18. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

"Speaking the truth" - the economy is rapidly improving to the credit of those who passed the legislation that curtailed the downward spiral, namely Democrats.

The Republican surge is faltering, especially the attraction to the independent voters with a healing economy and the polarizing radical Republican agenda.

Breeze Wood, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Mia, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  20. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Mia:

The above example of mindlessness I suppose is what Republicans continue to offer in regards to their past performances - and what would be necessary for them to be re-elected in 2010.

Breeze Wood, Apr 21, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.