1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Headline Is Better?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by wealth003, Apr 19, 2010.

I was reading Ted Nicholas interview on a paper recently and I discovered that he spent a lot of time on headline that the entire sales copy. He also said he writes about 250 headlines before choosing the best one for his sales copy.
    I was motivated and something tells me to rewrite my headline for this sales copy
    Copywriters, please help me decide which headline is better for my sales page bearing the name of the domain in mind.

This is the headline I currently use

let me show you… "How I make $200 Daily on Facebook...With No Website, No Blog, No Advertising And How You Too Can...100% Guaranteed!"

Brace Yourself For A Brand New Perspective Way Of Socializing and Making Money On the Most Visited Social Networking Site…Just Give Me 3 Minutes And I’ll Show You The Amazing Insider’s Secrets Of How To Do The Usual Thing You Have been doing on Facebook And Still Make Staggering Amounts Of Cash…
    -------------------------------------------------------------

These are the new headlines I have come up with

If you really want to make money on facebook, then let me show you...

"How to Make $247.91 Daily on Facebook on Complete Autopilot… Starting With Zero Setup Costs!"

Brace Yourself For A Brand New Perspective Way Of Socializing and Making Money On the Most Visited Social Networking Site…Just Give Me 3 Minutes And I’ll Show You The Amazing Insider’s Secrets Of How To Do The Usual Thing You Have been doing on Facebook And Still Make Staggering Amounts Of Cash…
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    let me show you…

"How To Have Your Own Share Of Facebook Fortune Each Time You Log On To Facebook…Even On Complete Autopilot!"

------------------------------------------------------

Facebook is worth $11b…
    "Facebook Gold Digger System Reveals Million Dollar Loophole That Will Make You Up To $247.91 Daily On Facebook On Total Autopilot...Starting With Zero Setup Costs...100% Guaranteed!"

-----------------------------------------------------

Please which headline do you think is better and will work best for the domain name?
    If you can suggest more for me, I will appreciate it a lot.

wealth003, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  2. Web Content Writer

Web Content Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use a short headline like this:
    Get Passive Income of Over $200 per Day on Facebook.

Web Content Writer, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  3. wealth003

wealth003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestion. Everybody seems to say short headline is better too. But I would like to use this headline

Facebook is worth $11b…
    "Facebook Gold Digger System Reveals Million Dollar Loophole That Will Make You Up To $247.91 Daily On Facebook On Total Autopilot...Starting With Zero Setup Costs...100% Guaranteed!"

How can I make it shorter?

wealth003, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  4. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just one question: why $247.91?

omarabid, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  5. palmerlarryray

palmerlarryray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like this one but I would change it a bit:

Facebook is worth $11b…

=======================================================================================================================

My Version:

Facebook is worth $11,000,000,000… Yes, That's ELEVEN BILLION DOLLARS!
    "Facebook Gold Digger System Reveals The Million Dollar Loophole That Will Make You Up To $247.91 Daily On Facebook On Total Autopilot... Zero Setup Costs...100% Guaranteed!"

Brace Yourself For A Brand New Method Of Socializing and Making Money with the Most Popular Social Networking Site in the world…When You Give Me 3 Minutes, I Will Show You The Amazing Insider’s Secrets Of How To Do The Use Facebook To Create Staggering Amounts Of Real Cash…

palmerlarryray, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  6. bika

bika Peon

Best Answers:
    bika, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  7. wealth003

Best Answers:
    I love that but I have come up with something else
    =============================
    In the next three minutes, you are going to discover how you too can...

"Grab Your Share Of Facebook Billion Dollar Wealth And Start Raking In Real Cash 24/7 Instantly!"

The Million Dollar Loophole That Will Make You Up To $247.91 Daily On Facebook. Starting On Total Autopilot With Zero Setup Costs…100% Guaranteed
    =======================================
    It seems this one is better. What do you think?

wealth003, Apr 20, 2010 IP
    palmerlarryray likes this.
  8. palmerlarryray

palmerlarryray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree... It's concise and to the point. Great Job

palmerlarryray, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  9. Action Copy

Action Copy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use the headline " How To Make $247.91 A Day... " for 2 reasons.

One, it sounds believable and two everyone always wants to know " How To ".

Action Copy, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  10. wealth003

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but I think this headline is best for the product and the domain name
    =======================================
    In the next three minutes, you are going to discover how you too can...

"Grab Your Share Of Facebook Billion Dollar Wealth And Start Raking In Real Cash 24/7 Instantly!"

The Million Dollar Loophole That Will Make You Up To $247.91 Daily On Facebook. Starting On Total
    Autopilot With Zero Setup Costs…100% Guaranteed
    ======================================
    It sounds believable too. Don't you think so?

wealth003, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  11. seeknulfind

seeknulfind Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Sorry, but I'm not answering your question directly. Good for you for reading Ted Nicolas. He's a great marketer to learn from. You don't have to read much of his stuff to realize Ted TESTS his theories. This is what I suggest you do - test to see what headline is better.

One caution: in order to test you'll need to drive traffic to your site. But if you don't have traffic, it won't matter what headline you have anyway.

Generally speaking, good headlines follow certain principles. Long or short is not as important as how "tight" your headline is so if you can say the same thing in fewer words, do it. You used a specific number. Good. Specificity often works well. Asking an open question is often effective, as is offering a substantial benefit. These are a few principles you would do well to learn.

My advice is pick two headlines. Pit them against each other. When one wins, pit another against it. And so on. If you have plenty of traffic, you can expand your testing to test 3 or more headlines at a time.

Unless you test, you will base your marketing on opinions. They may be great opinions or they may be foolish. How can you tell? Even top dollar copywriters write bombs. Some know more than all of us in this thread combined and they still could be wrong.

Regards,

Andy

seeknulfind, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  12. wealth003

Best Answers:
    Well, I have tested the first headline and it doesn't really work well. I want to use the last one.

wealth003, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  13. seeknulfind

seeknulfind Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you test one headline?

Andy

seeknulfind, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  14. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The usage of billion dollar and million dollar makes the headline sound scammy (To me).

Anyways, you seem to have made your mind up on the headline that you want to use. Why don't you use it and see how it goes?

lightless, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  15. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree completely. Internet is full of such sales page which screams out such figures.... very loud! :(

Some times... it pays to moderate the words a bit, to stand out and get attention from people! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  16. wealth003

Best Answers:
    Well, how do I moderate the two words. Facebook is really worth over $11b and there is no way I can say THE BILLION DOLLAR LOOPHOLE. That wont sound believable.

wealth003, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  17. markament

markament Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi.

I really like

"How to Make $247.91 Daily on Facebook on Complete Autopilot… Starting With Zero Setup Costs!"

Because it's specific and gives me a measurable benefit. And it's short. I'd be interested after reading that.

markament, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  18. pixelbatch

pixelbatch Peon

Best Answers:
    All of these are two long and sound like absolute scams

pixelbatch, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  19. qualitycontentwriter

qualitycontentwriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I wish to keep it short and simple...

"Zero set-up costs - Daily turnover around $247.91 - Facebook Gold Digger System Reveals Million Dollar Loophole...100% Guaranteed!"

qualitycontentwriter, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  20. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    If you say too much, they will go around you. However Curiosity for a product drives people nuts. Who ever writes 250 headlines, must be staring into the headlights too long. Quit idol worshiping. God gave you a brain just as powerful. You will not like mine, because I do the complete opposite of the "rules and traditions" starting with grade-school. Do not sell people, let them buy. Found a $1,000,000.00 Loophole, Many Like You Just Walked By

The major points are covered in a few words. 1. Curious = Attention 2. "Who are you to tell me I will walk on by, maybe I won't" Interest 2. $1,000.000.00 Looks like more this way) = Desire

Those are the first three steps any effective sales process: Attention, Interest, Desire Now it is up to you, they are hot to trot, a a little Conviction, and then a Close Again, you could run around Ted's house 250 times, or buy 250 books. Seriously, Good Luck, to each their own.

dyadvisor, Apr 27, 2010 IP