1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for Tech/Programming Theme that is Minimalistic

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Kuriyaki, Apr 19, 2010.

Anyone know of a great theme for a tech/programming type of site? I'd be willing to pay for one. Ever since it seems Google takes into account the speed at which a site loads, my SERPS has decreased dramatically. I was thinking of fixing up the code for the site, but decided it'd be nice to find a new theme. I'd be willing to pay.

If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Thanks.

Kuriyaki, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  2. BlastFree

BlastFree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kuriyaki,

It may not be the theme that you are using, the speed at which the site loads is just one of many factors and definitely not one of the top 10. If you don't have a cache plugin, you may consider getting one to speed up the site. If you are on shared hosting, this may be a factor as well. If you have a great theme now, there are other options, short of going minimalistc.

-BlastFree

BlastFree, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  3. Kuriyaki

Kuriyaki Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently got W3 Cache. I had WP Super Cache before. I'm simply testing this for now, hopefully this helps out. With Firebug my site is ranking at 84 which I'm guessing should be fine.

My site also increased its Page Rank to 4, so I don't understand why my ranking dropped so suddenly.

Kuriyaki, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. rilwis

rilwis Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the theme framework Thematic and Hybrid can satisfy you. They're minimalist and have many built-in functions, widgets, even SEO optimized.

rilwis, Apr 22, 2010 IP