1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plural Anchor Texting. Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Google' started by jeancarlohim, Apr 20, 2010.

I am doing SEO for one of my sites and there are two keywords i am going for. one is singular and the other one is in plural. for example, "dog house" and "dog houses". the first one has 20000 searches and the second one 4000. (guys this is just an example) If I anchor text on dog houses will it help me for dog house also? or it will only rank me for that specific keyword?

What do you guys think?

jeancarlohim, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  2. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your anchor text needs to be as natural looking as possible. If you asked 100 people to link to your website how many and what anchor texts do you think they will use??? I'm guessing they would use both as well as many more.

larysmith711, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  3. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO yes it will help have some of the plural. I would not focus too heavily though.

longcall911, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. narenpati

narenpati Member

Best Answers:
    You have to work more on Dog Houses and less on Dog house, that will give good result for both. And both the keywords will rank ..

narenpati, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. Selena21

Selena21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its better to use such way for getting good traffic and there is no harm to use plural.

Selena21, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  6. seogoogleone

seogoogleone Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can use plural one, it can get 2 results.. If you want, you can combine and make angela backlink in different position.

seogoogleone, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  7. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is not good and bad. You should consider mix those anchor texts, both singular and plural. If you do focus too much on a few anchor texts, you would end up for overdoing optimized and your ranking will down. Try to make them look natural as much as possible and use your sense sometime when build links.

Sxperm, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  8. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Anchor text link is very useful and important in SEO,
    using various keywords for help your site rank better and improve the serp as well.

WallaceYeung, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  9. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Use a mix as long as it looks natural. Focus on one that is easier to rank for as long as it gets good searches and that is what your research should indicate.

reapr, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  10. leepee

leepee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes using anchor text in link would definitely help to improve rankings,but it's not enough.You'll have to use the appropriate keywords in content.

leepee, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  11. mpls-web-design

mpls-web-design Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with using the right keywords in your content is extremely important. SEO is never about the anchor text alone. Your content should support whatever you do for the link texts. Use singular and plural variations in your content and the link texts for SEO. Additionally, you may want to use "house for dogs" and "houses for dogs" in your anchor texts as well. The key is to use variations and use them naturally.

mpls-web-design, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  12. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No they are 2 different keywords. You have the answer yourself. The search volume difference between the two ;)

SOULZRIPPER, Apr 20, 2010 IP