1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for ways to optimize my site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sensei.Design, Apr 18, 2010.

Hey,

I am running websites for quite some time now but to be honest I never cared that much about SEO.

Now I am planning to learn some stuff about the industry using a travel project I started some time ago.
    My main goal ist to boost the number of visitors and therefore I would need your help I guess.

Right now I am planning on adding new title Tags and Descriptions(I know they are not relevant for the ranking but for the number of clicks)

I'm also doing some link building but it's pretty hard to be honest.

I am not looking for people to hire but for some tips if this is possible. If you need to see my site let me know, I just don't wanted to spam it out here.

Thanks for your help ;)

Sensei.Design, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  2. agraj1

agraj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    hello Sensei.Design,
    well, at first even i did same as you have done. SEO is an important factor for blog/website, it let you know were you are going wrong and what keyword you should target. But, SEO can help you at some extend only after that your case study will help you about your product b'coz unique content attract for traffic, so be original.

agraj1, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  3. seomindset

seomindset Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to your web site from search engines via natural search results as opposed to other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) which may deal with paid inclusion.

seomindset, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  4. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    lukeg32, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  5. Tiggerito

Tiggerito Peon

Best Answers:
    Titles are quite influential with the search engines, so make sure they sell your page and include keywords. Try and keep them to under 60 characters.

Description is sometimes used in search results (title is always used) so also make it sell your pages. Keep it to about two paragraphs.

Good link building is hard work. Keep track of everything you do, and keep thinking of different angles to work with: authoritive directories, localised directories, forums, social networking and bookmarking, blogs, articles, local websites, affiliates & associates...

Check out my website from my profile for more articles and tips

Tiggerito, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  6. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be interesting to see your site to see what may need to be done.

Title tags I keep to 6-8 words with no symbols and keywords or keyword phrases only.

Descriptions are valuable in the sense that if they are well written copy they can help with click throughs to your site off an organic search.

As far as seo. I like to use Market Samurai to help me in my seo or my sites. It won't tell you what to do but it can help you with deciding what you may need to do to beat your competitors. Even if you do not buy the software after checking out the trial the videos explaining the process are good and you may pick up a lot of tips. The videos are on the thier blog.

Backlinks can be a painful process but social bookmarking using automated software can help with your efforts. The point of automation is not to spam your site but it gives you the ability to market more sites in less time. This is where most people get it wrong they get a hold of automation software and think they have a tool to spam then their accounts get deleted and then complain that doing it manually is best. In otherwords automation may not be for you if you have one site but if you have several it can save time. Outsourcing can help quite a bit in link building but you have to trust your outsourcing prospects 110%.

Scrapebox can help you find high PR back links in a heart beat when used correctly. It is the best tool to come along in my 10 years of IM and the price is amazingly cheap.

reapr, Apr 18, 2010 IP
    Sensei.Design likes this.
  7. bluecollar01

bluecollar01 Peon

Best Answers:
    you should benchmark the site's ranking for the keywords you are targeting so you can compare them at the end of each month. that way you know if you are moving in the right directions. i use http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/ to get ranking reports for benchmarking. hope this helps.

bluecollar01, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  8. dailyearner

dailyearner Banned

Best Answers:
    onpage and offpage seo work for your website

dailyearner, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  9. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thunderbolt007, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  10. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First research your keywords with Google analytics keyword tool.

Then try onpage seo basics for an overview of how to code your page for seo.

Then build up backlinks from a mix of sources with a real mix of anchor text - this last is really important or you could get a penalty if all/most the anchor text is the same.

One thing to be wary of - if you change your title tags and the content of your site at the same time, Google could treat it like a new site and give your site a new site penalty - I had this happen to one of my sites when I moved from town a to town b and so changed all my optimisation; for 4 months I could NOT rank above no 9 for a search term then suddenly, without any changes, my site went up to no 1 for the same search term. Ask advice of other people before changing title tags but I would consider changing them slowly.

jj1, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  11. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    There are various techniques for optimizing a site. In order to promote the website in a well manner, give equal importance to all tasks that can be covered often. i.e as per your time schedule allot few tasks such as social bookmarking, directory submission and forum posting in one day and submit under article sites, Press release and social media promotion in other day. By doing all the tasks targeting in alternative days,you can get high ranking and traffic. Your website will work out successfully and can get the stable result forever

Jeff Collision, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  12. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Know your target visitors who will look for your site online. You need to understand what search phrases the surfers use so they can learn your internet site. Always elect the keywords that you are going to use. Think of some ideas that the surfer will type about your site.

2. Define a specific area of interest. You are certainly going to cover a very broad topic. The thumb rule is to optimize your internet site with the best keyword. Your Keyword should be direct adequate so the searcher will find your site directly and he won’t wander away.

3. Take a closer watch your title tags (it describes a particular Web Page). They’re actually HTML tags that contains text. When you make use of a title tag, ensure that it describes precisely the content of your internet site. For example, the articles title is 5 Means to Lose Belly Fat, and then the title tag should be like that as well. Always place your keywords in the title tag. This way any topic linked with your page will be easier to find.

Also make sure that the title tag holds various strategic keywords that have been constructed using directives for the world wide web page. Title tag is very important since search engines search for title text when they are going to the index page. Title tags too can be a text link to the found pages in the list of search engines.

4. It is very critical to analyze keywords. You can utilize the convenience of the keyword analyzer tool. Many sites supply this service and definitely delivers more traffic too. One of the better and most popular keyword analyzer tools is Google’s.

5. Choose a relevant title. Make sure that it is descriptive sufficient for the surfers convenience. Firstly you have access to a really good title but as you undergo and complete your article, you’re going to have a plain idea what your title tag is going to be. Make an on the spot and descriptive title. You are aware of, occasionally although the content of your article is the greatest but your title is not, the chance of having a site visitor is very slim. So watch out for your title.

6. Always consider your keyword density. This is one way to optimize your webpage. Keyword phrases should show up at least three to five times in the article while keywords should appear 10 times or more. An extra tip, it is good that you repeat the principle keywords title every 200 words you made. Then for every 400-word article you write, the keyword must be repeated twice.

7. Consider the header. Always place your keyword here when you are going to write the writing for your site. Search engines when scanning your website rates the texts in your headline. This is the most important part. So you should position it in the page headline. Header tags are quite large so you ought to format it so it becomes smaller than the common.

China_girl, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  13. Noahdeck

Noahdeck Guest

Best Answers:
    SEO is the most important ingredient to start up promoting your website and also to gather your target audience. Start with keyword research, then create contents (unique and relevant for at least 2-5 500-word articles daily), submit to article directories and social bookmarking websites and participate to dofollow forums according to your niche. Also, you'll need to tweak a little of your coding while posting your contents to your website so it could easily be crawled by the engines (e.g title, heading and description tags).

Here's my recommended thread about what you should learn about SEO (be sure to read it all but I assure you'll enjoy it):

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=413544

:)

Noahdeck, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  14. doctorjones

doctorjones Active Member

Best Answers:
    unique content and good inbound and outbound link will boost in your campaign.

doctorjones, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  15. neekyme

neekyme Peon

Best Answers:
    My major way of link building now is article submission. Writing quality and informative articles and then submit them to relevant directories and social media. If the content is good , this can go viral.

neekyme, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  16. Alisha goal

Alisha goal Peon

Best Answers:
    I think on page factor is more important than off page.So add proper keyword and description in your meta tag and don't forget to updating the original and attractive content for both spider and visitor.

Alisha goal, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  17. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for all your answers :)

And just to make sure, the site has unique content and a unique design also a pretty good domain which contains the two main keywords. I also change the titles and descriptions.

For me the next step would be to try to get some good backlinks and just see what google does. I am already getting some visitors from there so I might use SEMRush to check keywords and competitors.

Do you think this data will be helpfull (I pretty much belive they will if you know how to use them ^^)

Sensei.Design, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  18. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    Article writing and submission not only targets the exact audiences you want but also, when you analyse what works and what doesn't, is very useful when writing new content for your site. Use some good article sites and they also push your website up google's SERPs.

1associate, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  19. Jimian

Jimian Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out the basics below:

[video=youtube;5GK0aQrCDEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GK0aQrCDEo[/video]

~ JIM

Jimian, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  20. rilwis

rilwis Peon

Best Answers:
    rilwis, Apr 22, 2010 IP