1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Passive Income Site Worth?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Vexez, Apr 15, 2010.

I've got a mini niche site that is ranking top 2 on Google with 2 word keyword and some others sub keywords. This keyword has 4000-5000 monthly search volume on EXACT match and I'm getting 50-80 impressions daily. With that I'm getting an average of around $2 daily.

My question is how much can this site be sold for with a stable $2-$3 daily income.

I've heard something like, site could be sold for monthly revenue * 12 to consider 1 year income?
    so its around 60 to 90 * 12 = 700-1000?

Vexez, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  2. seocracker

seocracker Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be 6 months not 12 months.

seocracker, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's a ballpark figure. Other factors include time needed to maintain site, the length of time it has been producing $60 - $90 a month, and whether or not revenue/traffic is increasing or declining.

mjewel, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  4. Vexez

Vexez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Time required to maintain = 0 (i don see a need because it's ranking 2nd on google currently and very stable)
    Length = 1 mth
    Average per day = $2+
    Highest per day = $5+

With no maintenance needed, I could easily get the "ballpark" figure as 6mths revenue? or more?
    So estimating 6mths at near 400-500 bucks...

Btw I'm asking because I want to know if it's worth it selling of my sites or just let it roll passive income.
    Or let it roll few months to have good history of passive stable income then consider selling.

Vexez, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  5. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If this is a new site, then the value is considerably less. Google tends to rank brand new sites well for a short period and then it's not uncommon for the site to drop out of the SERPS. I would wait at least 4-6 months if you want to maximize the value. Ultimately, the value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I wouldn't touch a site that is only a month old based solely on a month's revenue - someone else might.

mjewel, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  6. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally, you can expect 6 months for a relatively new site, 12 months for a more established site. It helps if you have logs to show the income is passive and the level of work requried to maintain it - a lot of work for $2 a day will not be as attractive as one that needs a single update per month.....

It also depends on how you are earning the money too.

You can sometimes fetch 18 months of proven revenue if you have assets to sell with the site; mailing list, other ways to monetize it, a digital product and so on.

lukeg32, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  7. Vexez

Vexez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm I see the asset part coming in.
    What about it's just an small niche site with adsense earnings?
    What is the best timing to sell off such a site?
    Let's say I hold this site for 6 mths and have 6mths record of passive stable earnings.
    How much can I sell it? 6mths or 12mths value?

I believe all these is part and parcel of strategy in general internet marketing for planning out which is the better way to profit the most.

Vexez, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  8. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets be honest, a niche website pulling in $100 per month with proven history is a nice little earner - on its own im sure people will look down their noses at it, but personally, having a few of those just helps to bump up the profit lines.

Without seeing your site, i've seen ones around the same income level / 6 months old sold for $750-$1k no problem. If this is a longer term goal then I would suggest you build some backlinks each week so you can prove that the income level is actually increasing over time.

At the end of the day, it will depend on the niche and the level of interest / buyers.

lukeg32, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  9. rocksam

rocksam Peon

Best Answers:
    It should be 3months not 9months

rocksam, Apr 16, 2010 IP