1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense spy

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by empiredream, Sep 11, 2006.

1. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How do these "tips" help any legitimate publisher? Its good to know they are tracking all these things but I cant really see how this would help at all.

I would say one of there most prominent tracking tools is the google toolbar, they have to have some sort of tracking component in that and it is installed on millions of computers.

venturefox, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  2. Jdog

Jdog Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. The only reason you would need this information is if you were going to try to cheat the system and screw the advertisers.

Jdog, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. dageek

dageek Guest

Best Answers:
    Same here , over 20% ctr is normal if you are driving traffic from related sites.

dageek, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  4. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe these two are consistently related like this. Smart-pricing often occurs because for whatever reason, your ad traffic doesn't convert well for certain ads, not because you've gotten a lot of 'suspicious' traffic. Bans can occur at any point in time for sites that don't follow certain principles of the TOS correctly (most often for 'invalid clicks').

If Adsense accounts being disabled was consistently the next step after Smart Pricing, we'd see a lot more of the "OMG I just got smart priced, how long before I get banned!!!!" kind of threads.

Telmari, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  5. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    My CTR for today is 19.72% :D...

hope i'm not "flagged" too:D

wentworth, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  6. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, some days I even see %26, am I chosen one or flagged ? :D

leet, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  7. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    I think is good to talk about this stuff. I could mention some very important thing thay do. But thats not the point, the things mentioned is just a very few things google do to stop fraud and people will maybe understand that in the long run (not so long actually) fraudsters will get caught and if the fraud is big enough they can face a visit to their local prison, not only loose their account.

tyggemannen, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  8. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    Today, my average CTR across 4 sites is mid-20s with my top site in the mid-30s. I've run CTR's like that since I joined Adsense nearly a year ago. My guess is that I've probably been flagged (maybe several times) because of high CTRs but I've gotten a check every month and never had any problems because I don't violate the TOS.

It doesn't matter to me how Google tracks or determines fraud. My job as a publisher is to make as much money as I can for Google, advertisers, and myself within the limits of the TOS. High CTRs do that and G doesn't mind as long as everything abides by the rules. And if I should get banned because of some flaw or quirk in the algorithm, I'll file an appeal and offer whatever evidence I have. If that doesn't work, that's life. I'll just move on. I can't spend my life worrying about it. :)

RatDog, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  9. The X Files

The X Files Peon

Best Answers:
    good post but i slow to read this thread because google banned me now :D

The X Files, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  10. matthewk

matthewk Guest

Best Answers:
    Um...no, lol. you cant acquire mac address via server side scripting. It is possible via active-x(or other type of pluggin software), but every user would have to download an active x plugin, which would be rediculous...every time anyone goes to a website with adsense they are required to download some type of pluggin. simply cant be done, sorry ;)

matthewk, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  11. empiredream

empiredream Peon

Best Answers:
    The best tips to protect your account is always safe play and always contact google for ask about your earning valid or not :)

empiredream, Oct 9, 2006 IP