1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed and issue with Paypal, advice please

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Soner, Apr 14, 2010.

Hi people,

last week I sold a voucher to a guy called "S.trader" in DP. Got the money, sent the code. 8-9 hours later I got a mail from Paypal, "unauthorized transaction". I wrote a long message and sent the screenshots from the private messages that he sent.

However in 20 hours my money is reversed to him. Paypal is somehow retarded I guess.

Now I'm in negative.

Could someone give me an advice what to do? I rewrote message, they didnt answer. What happens if I leave my account in negative?

Thanks,

Soner

Soner, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  2. kingsoflegend

kingsoflegend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You admitted to selling intangible goods which, per PayPal's ToS, aren't covered by their seller's protection plan. You're not getting that money back.

kingsoflegend, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  3. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's happened to me a few times with Paypal, sometimes up to 3 months after the transaction went through. Paypal don't provide any protection for sellers and they even charge you for the reversed transaction. There are a lot of pluses to Paypal but seller protection isn't one of them.

brian65, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  4. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    One way to help with this is to send a CD of the information purchased.
    This way you are protected through PayPal if the person's address is verified. And of course you never want to accept an order from non verified addresses.

Take it as a business learning expense and move on as you will doubtfully ever get your money back.

HomeComputerGames, Apr 14, 2010 IP