1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seo help please....

Discussion in 'SEO' started by techyworld, Mar 12, 2010.

hi all...im the owner of forum based site named "Techworld-Innovating Technology"

i made everything that required for seo[like link exchange,robots.txt,[index,follow],etc etc etc ...that all required] and now im gaining 1 position in google search result.But i dont understand why....my site description is not very good...i mean...u just check this pic..then u will understand what exactly i was saying
    [​IMG]

there u can observe the site description is like

"Board name, Posts, Last post. No New Posts · Welcome To Techworld A perfect place to get everthing...... 136 Posts 132 Topics, Last post by Acerfachvah ..."

but i dont want like that.....i want like "It is the place to get everything"...just something like that

ofcourse in <META DESCRIPTION i included what i want....but still i cant able to get...so please help me....

and also my page rank is still not appearing...when i chk for pagerank it still saying:-

"IMPORTANT: N/A (not available) - it is not possible to show any pagerank now.

The N/A pagerank (grey pagerank bar) might be due to one of the following reasons:

(1) the web page is new, and it is not indexed by Google yet,
    (2) the web page is indexed by Google, but it is not ranked yet,
    (3) the web page was indexed by Google long ago, but it is recognised
    as a supplemental (Supplemental Results) page,
    (4) the web page or the whole website is banned by Google."

but daily google,yahoo and many bots visiting ,but still no use...

so what exactly i have to do??

please help me by telling solutions to these 2 problems..

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    techyworld, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  2. brother_of_devil

brother_of_devil Peon

Best Answers:
    As for your first question, Google MAY (but not necessary WILL) use your meta description as a snippet. Normally it creates the snippet from the top-level text on your page, so ensure you have placed some readable text near the very top of the page, this usually helps.

Concerning the PR problem - there is no problem at all. Green bar updates once per 3-4 months, so you simply have to wait I guess.

brother_of_devil, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  3. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    Pagerank will increase (probably) on next update in about three months. So it doesn't necessarily mean that your SEO is bad. It just hasn't been made public yet. Also, your description, is not a description, it's just the first text on the page. To change it, insert your meta description to become the topmost text on your page.

joshvelco, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  4. vienka

vienka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is it wordpress blog? please ensure your privacy setting to allow search engine spiders

vienka, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  5. full-circle

full-circle Peon

Best Answers:
    when my index page comes in the search list... my text from page is shown in description but for the inside pages my meta description comes as the decsription

full-circle, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  6. techyworld

techyworld Peon

Best Answers:
    Its SMF

you mean [index,follow] in <meta

i did that...but is there any other way to attract more spiders more frequent??

techyworld, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  7. djoker

djoker Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, it is amazing ...just a free domain can show up in page one
    if you use WP , you can add plugin like SEO Platinum
    and fortunatly is FREE

djoker, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  8. Shiv bhaker

Shiv bhaker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi,its not necessary for google to show what u have written in description meta tag,some times it automatically fatch description from your page,so please pay attension to your page

Shiv bhaker, Apr 12, 2010 IP