1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Tips - Don't Waste Your Time!! (From a 3 Year AdSense Vet)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ttomp13, Apr 9, 2010.

I've been with AdSense for 3 years, and make a few hundred bucks online a month, by rarely working. I want
    to hook you up with a few free and simple tips, so you don't make the same stupid mistakes I made.
    These tips will save you literally hundreds of hours!

1) Get AdSense Template Set Up NOW! - If you have a low CTR, you need to figure out what
    you're doing wrong, and figure it out, now! Otherwise, you'll be spending hours and hours at a time
    fiddling with your AdSense ads, instead of creating content.

2) Best AdSense Colors: Blending is best. Your ads should match your site, exactly. This means,
    no borders, backgrounds, or funky link colors. I've been with AdSense for 3 years and have tested
    many different things, and blending works best. PS: Blue link colors and a white background seems
    to work best.

3) Best AdSense Placement: Originally, I believed above the fold and below post titles. In a
    recent study, I actually found that a 336x280 block blended below your first paragraph, works best.
    If you're placing your ad blocks in the sidebar areas, you're wasting your time. Remember, people
    came to your site to look at the main content area - not the sidebars!

Best AdSense Formats: 336x280 is the BEST AdSense format. I don't care if you have a
    horizontal layout. The 336x280 block will ALWAYS perform best. In terms of link units, just place
    them in navigational areas. That's where they work best.

After you've gotten your AdSense situation squared away, let's get crackin on the content.

Understand On Page SEO: Look at Matt Cutts Blog to see how his title and heading tags are
    formatted. He's the SEO God, so he must have his pages optimized! That's how I learned, and my
    results have been great ever sense.

Make Every Post Count: I believe it was Darren Rowse who said that new Bloggers should
    write about 5 blog posts a day? SAY WHAT? If you want to make every post count, you need to get
    them ranking on Google. What's the point in writing a post if nobody is going to view it? Build backlinks
    to all of the posts you write -- make every post count, and never just build backlinks to your homepage.

A good routine to follow:

Day 1: Choose 1 main topic and 5 different related sub topics.
    Day 2: Write first 3 posts.
    Day 3: Write second 2 posts, + main post. Link all posts together.
    Day 4: Build Backlinks
    Day 5: Build Backlinks
    Day 6: Build Backlinks
    Day 7: Build Backlinks
    Day 8: Repeat

By following the above routine, you're creating 6 related post topics. You're then linking them
    altogether (extremely good for SEO). The next few days, you'll make your posts even more powerful,
    by building backlinks.

That's my success strategy. It's simple. It's hott. And It Works!

ttomp13, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  2. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not bad at all.

"and never just build backlinks to your homepage."
    Why? :)

Jontish, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  3. ttomp13

ttomp13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Building backlinks to a variety of pages makes you rank higher for the keywords on those pages.
    You want to rank for your articles don't you? :)

Building links to only your homepage will help - just not as much.

(No offense, but maybe you shouldn't be running an SEO site just yet..)

ttomp13, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  4. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    because building links for your inner page posts is crucial as well, to rank them.
    Else they will get buried with millions of other pages targeting those same keywords. :)

Oranges, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  5. asinna

asinna Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great tips.

asinna, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  6. datadyne93

datadyne93 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really thing thats a good guide. I applied using a blogger site hopefully I get accepted!

datadyne93, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  7. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:
    @ttomp13..

great tips regarding ad sense..I am still working with different adsense placement and channel but your feedback must work well for me & others too.

thank you..

smsinhindi, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  8. Ironclad

Ironclad Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips. Many AdSense newbies should take note...

Ironclad, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  9. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean to say that 336x280 ad block just below the title of the blog post will not work when compared to that of the 336x280 block blended below first paragraph?
    Should I align it right or left?

markov, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  10. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I fully agree about building links to inner pages as well, but you said: "never build backlinks to your homepage".
    Main keyword = homepage, long tail words = inner pages.
    However man, I'm not saying you're wrong, that's not why I "whyed" you. I just want to hear how other people do it ;-)

(And if you find any information that you think is really incorrect at my blog then maybe you could leave an explaining comment there)

Jontish, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  11. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips. I wonder sometimes if people are not somehow oversaturated by adsense ads. Because if so, clicks will become fewer and fewer (regardless of templates and other things).
    Now, of course, if you don't follow the rules and step into the blackhat techniques the sky may be the limit. But mother Google TOS are also quite a limit people are facing these days by getting banned :D

Johnyboy, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  12. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    now these are good tips , not all copy paste from other websites , cheers ttomp13

eLeSlash, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  13. zgerm

zgerm Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips and this will help us a lot for improving our adsense earnings.:)

zgerm, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  14. bdsense

bdsense Guest

Best Answers:
    yahhh,this is a great thinking about adsense for huge earning.
    thanks

bdsense, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  15. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are a 3 year adsense veteran, what is your CTR? If yours is not as high as mine 20-25% CTR almost everyday, then don't call yourself a veteran. If you think my adsense account will get banned soon... I've been doing this for over a year, but sorry I am not a 3 year veteran.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  16. Olovarno

Olovarno Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, ttomp13, nice post!

I'm 2 years in adsense and I have learned such rules by myself - and I'm sure if beginners read it and implement, they won't "waste time" as we did.

I have blogs with 200 posts and, only two or three monthes ago, I realized only 20 or 30 posts had good visits.

Olovarno, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  17. dalink

dalink Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, backlinks are so much more important than new content.
    I've had a lot more success with building links slowly, a few per day but consistently over time.

dalink, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  18. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    You're definitely right about making every post count. Whether it's once a week, a couple times a week, once a day or a few times a day, each post should be meaningful and quality.

Reprobate, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  19. Katierey

Katierey Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the good tips. I have a question about the different sub topics. I have absolutely no idea how to do that on my site. I list hyper local deals and bargains, and I cannot see how I can create subtopics. For example, on a given day, I might post 7-8 posts, each about a different local deal, bargain, or freebie. Some might be dining deals, but mostly there is little relationship (except that all the deals can be found in my city).

Any advice? Thank you.

Katierey, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  20. boombith

boombith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I make 500+ in home page but only 3 post viewed by visitor to my blog. Thanks for good tips

boombith, Apr 10, 2010 IP