1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Autocontent - what do You think???

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by miksy123, Mar 27, 2010.

I've been looking (for the last few days) for various types of "automatic content" programs and...I would like to know what do You think...Are these programs good enough? Is there any way to NOT get banned by search engines because You use these programs? People at BlackHat forums claim that WPRobot and and similar programs are great, but...still, I'm wondering :)

I think that good content on websites is a great thing....even You took it from other websites! What do you think? What's the problem with these programs? Many popular websites pull content from other websites and it's ok for them. Why is that?

Thanks!!!

miksy123, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  2. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry if this is wrong category for this thread, but...auto-content is one of the ways to promote Your website,so...I decided to put this post here!

3. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of auto content I would prefer to publish articles from article directories. Because you don't have total control ove auto content. Although you can specify the keywords, you still end up with a lot of irrelevant content.

alpalino, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  4. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    But why do search engines think that content from article directories is better that content generated by auto-content generators? How do they know what's good content and what's bad content?

Thanks

5. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    Because, you don't have control over auto content and you can get content that does not relate to your site at all. If you ask me, content written by you is better. But if you want easy content, you should choose article directories rather than auto content generators.

alpalino, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  6. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend autocontent. Google banned my 3 domains in the past on which I ran WP autoblogs.

andrej, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  7. Iwind

Iwind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Auto-content is spamming, don't do it

Iwind, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  8. gravtex

gravtex Peon

Best Answers:
    Autocontent is a short sighted, short term strategy that will just hurt your business in the long run... several years ago I used programs like that and it really stunted the growth of my business because I wasn't providing value.

Instead of thinking about how many crappy websites you can build to earn a little bit of income from each, why not build 2 or 3 really good ones that actually provide value to your visitors? Sites like that are true assets and if you get sick of working on them, you can sell them for a nice payday whereas with autocontent sites, you're not going to be able to do that.

Gary

gravtex, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  9. PsyHost

PsyHost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's true, auto blogs aren't the way to go, i have 3 good domains, however they are all running autoblogs, and though some are retreving relative content, the majority of the time the content is irrelivant, and to say the least.... Pointless.

Im slowly in the process of fixing up all of the domains i have, yes they have page views, yes they have backlinks, but its no wonder the bounce rate is so high, the content is crap.
    Even if i put 2 hours a week into writing posts for all these blogs, i would probably have more visitors and less bouncerate then i do currently.

PsyHost, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  10. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I concur with everyone else. Its a complete waste of time, spam, and quite unethical really. Did I mention utterly useless?

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  11. Aotearoa

Aotearoa Member

Best Answers:
    Google wants to index unique content. Autoblogs, by definition, aren't unique and aren't even stable. Articles from article sites aren't unique.

Spend a bit of time (or pay a bit of money) and get appropriate articles written / rewritten for your site. Then you can start ranking in searches.

Aotearoa, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  12. DalCun

DalCun Peon

Best Answers:
    Id just like to say that all the anti autoblog people on here are full of it. I have over 50 autoblogs online they all have decent PR and get tons of hits. I make a lot of income from my autoblogs. The secret is to make sure you have also got some original content on your blogs and that the first post/landing page is well written and interesting.

DalCun, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  13. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can You tell me more??? About traffic, earnings...??? Thanks!

miksy123, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  14. TcH3rNo

TcH3rNo Peon

Best Answers:
    What has become of hard work? Typing real and useful content? You will never succeed with those "get rich quick" scams.

TcH3rNo, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  15. Boomachucka

Boomachucka Member

Best Answers:
    I would vote no for autocontent sites.

You'll get some short term traffic, but after a little while your site will get slapped to page 3,000 or whatever.

The only way to get solid rankings is to provide quality, unique content.

Now, you can always set up a collector script to scrape the hell out of article directories and outsource someone to rewrite them for $2 per article or $15 a day or something ridiculous like that.

Boomachucka, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  16. PaulCpR

PaulCpR Active Member

Best Answers:
    I second this post, there is nothing like fresh and daily website content to get organic traffic..

PaulCpR, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  17. Spinrobot

Spinrobot Peon

Best Answers:
    it rather depends on how the content was generated. There are some new ones out there now that are pretty much indistinguishable from a new, hand-written post. In general, if you use free stuff, you'll get crap content. Whether you pay to have it written, or pay to have it created automatically, you still pay. Auto-generated stuff can be orders of magnitude cheaper than hand written stuff, which is important when you remember that search engines don't detect quality, just uniqueness (except for grammatical howlers, obviously).

By paying for hand-written content, btw, you're paying so everyone else can have free content. As soon as you upload your shiny new article, some people will come along and steal it, publish it, spin it, mash it up and so on.

Spinrobot, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  18. WizardRSS

WizardRSS Peon

Best Answers:
    If you look around on Google, you will find tons of autoblogs that are well-indexed and always appear. MisterSoft.org is a website that just gets the RSS feeds from several different freelance networks and autoposts them to the website and they have a ton of pages indexed.

WizardRSS, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  19. bwsj81

bwsj81 Member

Best Answers:
    Personally - for the most part - I think autocontent seems to be generic and doesn't carry a lot of value. I think it's best to create your own unique content that can't be found elsewhere or outsource the work. It has a more personal feel and your more likely to get visitors when your content can only be found in one place.

bwsj81, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  20. dannobester

dannobester Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not take the risk if it is a site that you plan on keeping for a while or work on long term.

dannobester, Apr 12, 2010 IP