1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google Be Replaced By Bing?

Discussion in 'Google' started by reapr, Apr 2, 2010.

1. diana7

diana7 Member

Best Answers:
    No, as long as Google keeps providing good quality search engine results, it won't be replaced by BING. I tried using BING once, and all the results that I got were not accurate and a waste of time. For searching, I'd rather use Google (maybe Yahoo) than Bing.

diana7, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  2. MezzBuzz

MezzBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic isn't everything, and Facebook is a terribly-run company. So they have a lot of traffic... what have they done with it?

-They've made a number of VERY unpopular interface changes which require more clicks to do even the simplest things.

-They've dropped the ball on even the most basic security measures, such as hiding one's email addresses.

-They've made everybody's profile public by default.

-They've made the chat feature a complete wreck. I have yet to see a chat feature that's more unreliable. Just more trouble than it's worth...

-They haven't managed to implement a successful advertising/monetization system -- despite the fact that, as CEO Mark Zuckerberg stated, he owns all the stuff you upload and can sell it to third parties. Privacy...? What privacy?

The bottom line is that the developers and programmers who work at Facebook are not the sharpest tools in the shed, and that Facebook's traffic is not because it is a well-run or promising company.
    If anything, I'd bet that Facebook fails way before Google. (Myspace and Friendster got a lot of traffic back in the day, too, and Facebook is in no way different...)

MezzBuzz, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  3. angel19991

angel19991 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont think Google will ever be replaced or even lose a very large part of their customer base. Even on TV shows you the 'Google It" constantly. It is the norm and will be for at least the forseeable future.

angel19991, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  4. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    How to use the traffic is a different set of 20 dollar bills. Those networks didn't do anything significant with their traffic that I know of. Of course Facebook will be history at some point if they don't expand into other areas. It will be the same boring crap and will be replaced by the next geeky 12 year old with an html site. That's why Google keeps invading other turfs, to stay alive and get traffic.

Mark seems to be very ambitious and has given hints of getting into search at some point. Now, if you put 2 and 2 together from the latest happenings at FB, you'd know something is cooking there.

sin, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  5. MezzBuzz

MezzBuzz Peon

Best Answers:

Search isn't an easy field to get into; for Facebook to make an effort at introducing an internet-wide search functionality will take a whole lot more than just traffic. When you take privacy concerns, the complete inability of Facebook programmers to successfully implement even the simplest features (such as chat), and the already extremely underwhelming performance of Facebook's current advertising system into account... There's pretty much no way I can see it working. How on Earth would they be able to do it well and turn a profit? It would take a lot more than luck, traffic and ambition...
    People hang out on Facebook for the same reasons they used Myspace and Friendster -- and Facebook doesn't seem do be doing much more with the traffic it gets than the aforementioned two.

MezzBuzz, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  6. Headshot0123

Headshot0123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has become a household name but that doesn't mean they can slack off and still stay on top. Search is a very competitive market so to stay on Google will have to keep proving that they are the best search engine.

Headshot0123, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  7. Horusbrasil

Horusbrasil Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so... Google will never be replaced I think

Horusbrasil, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  8. Hoodala

Hoodala Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything gets replaced eventually. GM was once too big to fail, as was the USA. But hire the wrong CEO or president and look at what can happen. All it will take for Google or any other large cyber property to fail is a shift in attitude.

Hoodala, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  9. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still love Google. Its very simple and plain yet so powerful and effective search engine.

fr@nc!z, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  10. Stickynotee

Stickynotee Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah.
    The term "Go Google it" Or. "I'm goolging this"
    Is too well known.
    They won't change it.

Stickynotee, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  11. bucksgens

bucksgens Peon

Best Answers:
    NO, google is king!

bucksgens, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  12. DLoNDoN92

DLoNDoN92 Peon

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt it. Google is the Premier site.

DLoNDoN92, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  13. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft has poured how many millions of dollars into their marketing of Bing, and they barely got a few percentage points.

I do not see it happening.

WunschShrek, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  14. usa-im

usa-im Peon

Best Answers:
    No, Google is the top of the search engine and mostly traffic is coming from the Google, more than 80% of the traffic is coming from the Google so by with this great amount, it is totally impossible to replace the Google with any other search engine...

usa-im, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  15. Misty Stewart

Misty Stewart Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a reason why Google is called the Big "G." It is because Google takes over the whole World Wide Web. Bing is nothing but a small competition.

Misty Stewart, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  16. rprabu

rprabu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google already deserved a place in internet users heart. it cant be replace easily

rprabu, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    When Bing took over Yahoo search, market share for Yahoo dropped from 20+% to under 10% while Bing dropped to 3%. Google rose. What does that tell you about Bing?

drhowarddrfine, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  18. wayneonweb

wayneonweb Peon

Best Answers:
    No Bing can't overtake Google, but FaceBook will overtake Google soon :)

wayneonweb, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  19. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is not a search engine.

drhowarddrfine, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  20. rvnhanh

rvnhanh Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe Bing beat Google, but next 10 years I think Google will still be King of Search Engine.

rvnhanh, Apr 6, 2010 IP