1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does higher traffic = higher PR?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kennardi, Apr 4, 2010.

Hi guys, does higher traffic = higher PR?

I heard some people say PR based on traffic, while the others said PR based on content,

:confused::confused:

kennardi, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  2. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes higher traffic will give your site more exposure. Giving your site tons of backlinks which will boost the PR

simple007, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  3. haritash

haritash Guest

Best Answers:
    yes -- higher traffic = higher PR?

I would say that ------------- higher back links = higher PR = higher traffic

haritash, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  4. sal101011

sal101011 Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with haritash, except, i would include the word quality and relevancy, higher quality and relevant back links = higher PR

sal101011, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  5. Mr.Marewa

Mr.Marewa Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is not same with pagerank. Search engine have unique algoritm when calculate your pagerank, it's not depend on your traffic...Anyway, traffic may come from search engine (natural traffics), hand-made traffic source like PPC and another advertisements, also automatically traffic builder by using any softwares. Some people said that they are not care about pagerank, but they only care with traffic. High pagerank not mean high traffic, but if you have high traffic, you can sell anything and get money.
    Thanks

Mr.Marewa, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  6. GalvinBrown

GalvinBrown Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with Mr.Marewa both are quite different things.Page Rank has its own algorithm.Where as traffic is totally regarding to PPC.That contains the total number of visitors for your domain.

GalvinBrown, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  7. fabola

fabola Peon

Best Answers:
    i am also agree with you...

fabola, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  8. DesiredTech

DesiredTech Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not true at all. You could rank for a great keyword with only PR zero backlinks alone and get fantastic traffic without benefiting from a PR increase.

DesiredTech, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  9. Selena21

Selena21 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the same thing which we discuss often on DP and in many forums, i think pr is used to gauge a web page importance while traffic is different thing. Thats really good to have good pr if you want to sell some ads online then visibility of your site can really be increased thorugh your pr.

Selena21, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  10. dbadwal

dbadwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats not right. a website having loads of backlinks can easily get high PR but that doesn't mean that it would be getting loads of taffic. To get traffic you need to be in front of prospective clients, whereas backlinks can be have from places like forum signatures, without participating in forums actively.

dbadwal, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  11. Hs McD

Hs McD Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, more backlinks=higher pagerank. It has nothing to do with traffic. That's is why some people willing to pay some high price to get you post their link on your site. Not because they want your site to drive traffic to their site but to get a backlink from your main page and to boost their pagerank.

Hs McD, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  12. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is absolutely no direct relationship between traffic and PageRank.
    PageRank won't bring you traffic, traffic certainly isn't a part of the PR algorithm.
    (indirectly, having more traffic is likely to get you more backlinks, but that's an extremely obtuse connection) -

To understand how PageRank works, go back to the orginal patent proposals - http://infolab.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html and read sections 2.1. and 2.2

magda, Apr 5, 2010 IP