1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Predictions for DP (feel free to add your own)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by robjones, Apr 3, 2010.

I can predict the future ya know. I'm just magical that way. Here are my predictions for DP....

PREDICTIONS FOR DIGITALPOINT FORUMS

Tomorrow someone in the suggestions forum
    ... will post a thread complaining about receiving an infraction. He will receive and infraction for making the post. He will raise hell about that too, despite the fact that it happens like clockwork every time some idiot does it. This will happen approximately 6 times during the week, and at least two of the OPs will be discovered to have multiple IDs and will be removed.

In the BST section within the next week
    ... someone will post a thread to sell his services, and will give a review copy to a DP member that has recently signed up, has no i-trader, has never mentioned a site he's associated with, and has no URLs in his sig. After a suitable period of a few hours the new member will offer effusive praise of the OPs service, communication ability, ethics, and hairstyle. A host of lemmings will then flock to pay full price for the service and will be shocked to find out they were conned. None of those conned will accept that they are in fact too stupid to be trusted with a credit card.

In the Hosting Forum tomorrow and every other day...
    Someone will post a thread asking about which company (A vs B) he should use for a specific type service... and he will offer specs he wants covered in the package. The helpful replies will cover a number of companies, the same collection of tiny two-bit unknown companies that miraculously get mentioned in pretty much every other thread there. Nobody will mention that the OP has apparently been looking for hosting for three years now, or that he recently recommended both company A and company B last week when it was his turn to give the answers.

In P&R tomorrow + every day next week...
    A non-Muslim will make a remark that is critical about violence that is perpetrated specifically in the name of Islam. A host of Muslims will respond that violence is committed by members of other religions... and none of those responding will make the connection that when a Methodist murders his neighbor for running over his dog it not as likely to be considered "religious violence" as it would be if he'd slit his throat for having a Baptist bumpersticker on his car.

In the Dmoz forum every day for the life of the forum...
    Someone will post asking how to get his site added to dmoz. The responses will include the exact same flaming horse-crap that are in every single other thread in that forum with pretty much the same people saying the same things. At no point will sanity be a prevalent factor in the majority of the responses... and the OP will actually walk away with less useful knowledge than he started with.

In the Directories Forum every day until Hell freezes over...
    At minimum 30% of the threads on the page will belong in a different category. Most will belong in Announcements and Solicitations, a few will belong in the Dmoz forum, and a random amount will be total crap that dont belong in any forum... but at least the guy got his sig link out there. The other 70% of the threads will be divided equally between asking if directory submission is a dead practice... if Yahoo submissions are worth the money, or asking for a list of directories. Almost without exception the answers to any of the threads will be total horse-hockey or me-too posts simply added to inflate post count or for link value. Mods will try to avoid entering the forum just in case stupidity turns out to be contagious.

There ya go... watch and see. Bet I'm right. Should I be executed for sorcery (or just executed for fun)? Feel free to add your own predictions. :p

robjones, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  2. mrdesigner77@yahoo.com

mrdesigner77@yahoo.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i predict this post will get alot of thank you posts to raise posts account

mrdesigner77@yahoo.com, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now thats what you call observant LOL

You better not go on a pilgimage anywhere dodgy Rob or you might be in trouble for those powers of prediction. I have not really been in the Hosting forum, so that was interesting to find out.

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  4. JT706

JT706 Peon

Best Answers:
    I predict that DP's traffic will continue to increase.

JT706, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In the next 24 hours...

75 accounts will register and be deleted before getting the opportunity making their first post because they are duplicate accounts and/or about to be used to spam people.

250,000,000 hits will be made to the caching system (that's 250M queries that don't need to go to the database servers).

The Sphinx-based search system we use will rebuild it's indexes for search 288 times.

20 people will publicly vow to never return to DP because we are too strict.

20 people will publicly vow to never return to DP because we aren't strict enough.

40 people will return to DP after publicly vowing to never return.

10 people will have their DP account, email account and PayPal account phished by signing up to other forums/sites with the same login/password they use here.

digitalpoint, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  6. eadler25

eadler25 Peon

Best Answers:
    i will follow digitalpoint via twitter in next 24 hours

eadler25, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  7. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    I bow down to you, gun toting redneck.

And old time forum poster.

Agent_Dweeb, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  8. 99d7737

99d7737 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well Jones is this a Prediction? Aah, i think this must be the DP's daily graph what you and Shawn has mentioned ;-)

99d7737, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  9. 10hariharan

10hariharan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    DP will always be the worlds number one as far as they maintain the sane way.

10hariharan, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  10. AlphaFox

AlphaFox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I predict that RobJones has lots of fun riding around this website. I have in my short journey of 17days.
    Cheers

AlphaFox, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  11. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Again few noobs asking for their BST posting permission eventhough FAQ/Rules there.

Same with infraction thingy..

DON.

deluxdon, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I predict the Easter Bunny won't make it to DP this year.

Call it a hunch....

[​IMG]

robjones, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  13. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Loads more duplicate sales thread offering disallowed services will pop up.

New members will flock too signature link sales and try to sell a signature links with “30” posts.

Fake PR domains will be offered and the seller will tell you that its genuine and Google got it wrong.

Oh and Rob will make another great post.:)

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  14. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hahaha... the owner said himself..
    I think these prediction are based on the statistic...

My prediction... DP will get more members. ( :p )
    And those members are looking for money.

petr_ind, Jun 6, 2010 IP