1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ressearch on co-op ads network.

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by prestons, Aug 29, 2006.

Hello,

My post is about finding the truth about the co-op ads network.

I am a web designer and I have been asked by a few clients if the co-op system really works. The fact is that I can not answer this as I do not have enough knowledge of this system.

I just want to know more information then I can inform my clients of the findings.

Is this system just a fast track method of gaining results? If so, then like any fast track method it does not last.

I am no expert on this subject so I need your help.

Regards.

prestons, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't like it.
    You can have temporary boost in Yahoo and MSN.

There is good chance that you can be banned in Google for displaying coop ads on your site.

Why not take interest in quality link building than quantity building.

just two example
    Currently these seo contest are going on and there are some sites with thousands of backlinks and some with hundreds of backlinks but ranking high than websites having more backlinks.

carcasherdotcom seocontest
    ambatchdotcom seocontest

SEO is all about quality not quantity.

Mong, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  3. prestons

prestons Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Mong,

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I never use any fast track methods and only use genuine ways of marketing and link building. It was just that I was asked the question about the co-op system and I could not answer it as I did not know anything about it.

Regards,

prestons, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  4. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    sending you a PM mong!

Marcus_Westberg, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  5. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    I disagree.

This has been discussed a thousand times here. Just search this forum for threads regarding the coop. :)

ViciousSummer, Sep 7, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  6. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    Like the lady said - a little research goes a long way. Search on Vb 3.5+ is actually really really good. Try it out.

a389951l, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  7. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Well,
    Google is leading search engine world and it is its need to keep itself bit more updated than others. As what i have noticed mostly coop ads are displayed on footer of the webpage and we also know that footer links mostly get minimum clicks than other segments of the webpages.
    Coop might be started with intention to exchange some traffic but as what i have noticed it is being used for totally other purpose that is to get backlinks blindly without caring about category, niche and subject of the webpage.
    Worst problem with coop ads are they are not context sensitive which simply means it has not ability to sense webpage contents and display most relevant ads (though it can also create incompatiability with adsense ads).
    As todays scenario of coop Google cannot afford to weight these links which have no other apparent purpose except to get inbound links without caring about the subject of the webpage.
    Please convince me why Google should not penalise coop displaying website?
    While Google wants from you to link to only reliable sites.
    If you think Google has no problem with coop ads displaying website then what is its good reason for Google?
    And if in your experience Google is not penalising sites for displaying coop ads then i am sure you'll witness it tomorrow.

:)

Mong, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid I agree with that, but I hope you don't see it tomorrow. Also all this crazy influx With the G Dc's ain't going away anytime soon. The site: command (cache) is part of this unstablity problem with this and other networks.

If anyone recalls Jagger updates, quite a few people were convinced that we just needed to hang tight and let the dust settle. I said it then and I'll say it now the dust isn't going to settle. If you think about it from the Google perspective...what a damn good idea, let's put a blindfold on the entire SEO industry. Competent webmasters (SEO people especially) are the only ones that really see this, Joe surfer will never know. So, in my view the cat just got fatter after devouring every mouse it could find. The ones it missed may be caught on the second run. The ones that were eaten by accident, ummmm...BURP ;)

Cheers,

H

Homer, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  9. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    There is a huge difference in making this statement:

When what you really mean to say is, "I think that Google should ban sites that participate in the coop".

Having an opinion about the coop is fine, but to straight up tell people that Google doesn't like, and BANS, sites using the coop, is wrong. I've used the coop since the begining and my site is neither banned nor penalized.

ViciousSummer, Sep 8, 2006 IP
    Seiya likes this.
  10. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    The June 27th update triggered the most recent "Co-Op and Link Vault" got me penalized in Google talk.

Well that wasnt true since many people recovered from that and never stopped using those 2 programs.

Point is "I believe" Google has never penalized or banned any sites from using coop. May it in the future? Maybe. But as of right now you are safe to use it.

aaron_nimocks, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  11. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Hmmm why Google should like a network which displays links of webpages which have no natural relation with link displayer webpage ? :rolleyes:
    Links are considered as vote for the webpage but in link networks you don't have any good reason for voting webpages to which you are giving backlinks.

Google likes all this ?

I didn't said Google BANS but there is good chance ..

Mong, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  12. MaxS

MaxS Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there any risk of using the weight on a website without displaying coop ads on that site?

MaxS, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I think you need to get the big picture and realize what other problems may exist on your site as well. I've seen many-a-complainer swear they are banned by using COOP. Some of these people have posted URLs, when I look at the URLs I can quickly see tons of dup content, cross over linking, etc that will also get you in trouble with SERPS. So, what I am saying is take a real close look, cuz I still know many webmasters that are sucessfully using link networks. Although I can see that Google's seeing these links (as well as other non-COOP links) differently now. IBL's and OBL's are being seen through the BD algo whereby of detection synthetic linking is part of the algo.

There is risk in ANY SEO techniques today, IMO. My personal advice is always keep in mind what would appear "natural". DON'T use it like a crack addict or you'll quickly see the downside, hence form the opinion that COOP is the demon...when you are the demon ;).

H

Homer, Sep 9, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer and Mong like this.
  14. prestons

prestons Peon

Best Answers:
    As I started this thread to find out more about the coop system and due to the fact that I am getting very different opinions I am still no nearer. Who is right? To those who say that the coop system got them banned by Google, how do you know that it was because of the coop system. Do you have any evidence of this? To those who say that the coop system is very good, I do know webmasters who have gained major rankings in Google for major key phrases by using this system and have made a lot of money because of these rankings BUT is it just a quick fix or it there for the long run as for some reason there rankings dramatically dropped ten pages overnight?

There is a risk in using any quick fix system but the real answer is can you afford to experiment with your online business?

prestons, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  15. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion is that if you try to improving your ranking by "cheating" the system, they will eventually find you and penalize you....

maha, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  16. prestons

prestons Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I mean by experimenting with your business. It MAY be OK using the coop ads if you want a short fix and not any long term project.

prestons, Sep 14, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  17. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    My observations have been that the coop doesn't pass the love it used to.

Because theme will always win over volume, it's a basic fact of life. Some strike it lucky (as in their links just happen to appear on related sites in the coop) which is very nice for them, while the majority really are better off with alternative approaches.

Hope that helps prestons :)

john_loch, Sep 15, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  18. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    the co-ops done nothing but help me, and help me quite a bit. :)

disgust, Sep 28, 2006 IP