1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to assume the conversion?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Sam/w, Apr 1, 2010.

I was giving a good challenge from a big industrial company. Basically, they are expert in building large industrial part including wind tower.

They want a PPC campaign.The aim of the campaign is to create more leads to their sale department. Problem: they have no option on their website that allows me to keep track of the conversion rate. There is no user account creation or cart (which won't make sense in their case) or even a contact form.

Does anyone have any idea how to track the conversion rate?:confused:

Thanks

Sam/w, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could add code to the landing page that shows a different phone number when the source is a PPC campaign. When that phone rings, you know it's because they used PPC. This requires of course two different phone lines.

One trick you see on TV (at least I do) is to "call xxx-xxx-xxxx and ask for Julie" or some other name. I'm positive it's a tracking device to figure out where and when the person saw the ad. The same can be done in the online world. You just need to record calls and the "person" they asked for. Of course, those answering the phone have to say "yes, this is Julie" or whatever name they asked for. Doesn't have to be name, could be an extension.

It is best to know which ad and keyword (including match type) triggered the conversion. This is more difficult. You could use the same name trick as above. A different name would be generated each time for each visitor. Your site just needs to log the keyword, ad (parameters passed from your destination URL) and name used.

Of course, you could always ask the caller "how did you hear of us" but most people usually have a vague idea and don't remember even the keywords they used. Remember that they might call days later after doing research and in this case, the caller may not even be the one who did the research.

Lucid Web Marketing, Apr 2, 2010 IP
    psharma likes this.
  3. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lucid here is really helpful. Thumbs up for him.

psharma, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  4. Sam/w

Sam/w Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeep thank for the advice, it is helpful

Sam/w, Apr 6, 2010 IP