1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Very First Month In Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by Clientchuk, Mar 31, 2010.

I started a website about a month and a half ago. It quickly jumped to the first page but today I noticed that I can't find it at all. It is indexed but it is nowhere near the first pages. How much time do I need to get it back to the top? Is it temporary Google's actions towards new websites? I hope that now I don't need a million-dollar budget and a team of professionals to raise it again (?) What is your experience in this matter?

Clientchuk, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  2. kip

kip Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the niche, the keywords you are using and lots more. You definitely don't need a million-dollar budget, but more or less definitely an SEO or advertising budget to get your site anywhere.

kip, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a known phenomenon with Google - new sites often get this initial push to the top - then when Google works out what they are, they fall back to what, I'm afraid, is a more natural position. Now you have to start your seo in earnest, with keyword research and linkbuilding.

magda, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  4. jaypuri

jaypuri Peon

Best Answers:
    I had similar problem with my website. I added my domain name in the Keyword meta tag and it started showing up on first page again.

jaypuri, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  5. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You added your domain name in the meta keywords? I've not heard of that tactic and why would it help?

LaMarcus, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  6. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SERPS will constantly rise and fall. Just focus on building quality links for your site. Happened to a couple of my sites as well.

5starpix, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  7. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google believes in obliging to beginner's luck and so new sites do get very good initial serp position... only to lose it later! :(

You will need to put in lot more effort and time in keyword research, article writing and building back links to get on the first page... from now on! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  8. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ever heard a "Google Honeymoon Period"? :) Google does give a chance to new sites for ranking in some keywords before put them in a so called "Sandbox". You need a time and trust to climb up on ranking. The time cannot be estimated exactly, it is solely depend on how competitive of the keyword they are targeting.

Sxperm, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  9. Clientchuk

Clientchuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like an advice from an insane person...

Clientchuk, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  10. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    I experienced the very same with our site when it was up new back in October last year. The trend lasted to the end of the year and with the PR Update things changed drastically. I got a PR2 from PR0 but the traffic coming from Google and the SERP's went downhills. Google gives new sites a start up boost and when that is over, then you have to work hard for your money.

Good Luck with your new site
    cheers
    verdecove

verdecove, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  11. jaypuri

jaypuri Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted my domain to web directories. Google would show Twitter and Facebook first and my website link on the 7th position. I tried many different things. One day I added my domain name in my keyword and it started showing up first on Google. It worked for me.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    jaypuri, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  12. Clientchuk

Clientchuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it was coincident and this whole advice is like the one on your avatar )

Clientchuk, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  13. aishahriar

aishahriar Peon

Best Answers:
    This looks like Google dance

Keep building backlinks and everything should be ok again! :)

aishahriar, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  14. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Clientchuk I think your sites might be put in Sandbox recently. Google loves new sites and usually make them a better SERP but would fluctuate violently, IMO. Currently, what you need to do is to build more quality backlinks from decent sources using your targeted keywords, especially from niche relative sources. Wish this help,

AirForce1, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  15. dungdenvn

dungdenvn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you update your website regularly? Google don't like website that stay the same for a week or 2, so i think if you didn't post new article to your website everyday, you maybe get into sand box ... you will need at least 3 or 4 month before you can get out of there

dungdenvn, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  16. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is what is called as Google dance. Don't worry the website will be back on page where it was before...

expertofexperts, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  17. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As couple of the members here said, is true, that google usually gives a leeway for the sites and blog which are new on the net. After few weeks or a month (also depends on how often you update your content/article) when google starts crawling your site at a regular pace, your site will show you the actual stats.

Now you have to implement a proper SEO startegy. Keep bookmarking your articles in most of the social bookmarking sites (very important). Try to make new friends who are very well versed in the world of blogging within your niche. Make you get atleast one backlink everyday for your site/blog. Ping your site once in two weeks.

You will get on the first 3 pages of google within a month or two, if you plan your work properly.

China_girl, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  18. jainsumit

jainsumit Peon

Best Answers:
    This is known as Google Dance. its happens.....

jainsumit, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  19. usa-im

usa-im Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, actually in SEO, it is very common that sometimes, we get a good rank but after our ranking is decreased but it doesn't mean to leave the activities but we should carry on our activities so that we can get a good ranking too, the reason of the decreasing the ranking is that there are too many people are working as SEO so everyone is trying his/her best so that's why sometimes, we get results of the failure of the ranking....

usa-im, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  20. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    I think u need to check ur competitiors backlink on first page and have to build that much links to beat them

rohnsmith, Apr 2, 2010 IP