1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense & 3rd party ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dominik79, Mar 26, 2010.

You can now show ads from external Google-certified ad networks on your pages. With more ads competing to appear on your pages, your earnings potential should increase over time.

How do you guys see this new Adsense feature. I have feeling the average value of a click has lowered since this has been implemented. Do you allow 3rd party ads or not?

dominik79, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  2. GetALink

GetALink Guest

Best Answers:
    I allow them. The more relevant ads showing on my sites, the better. If you think the average value of a click is going down for you maybe you should disable it.

GetALink, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  3. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    I disabled mine and saw my earnings go down dramatically for about a week. I changed it back and they recovered within 2 days. The problem is that there is no way of knowing what is showing for visitors to my sites and articles. If Google are also serving ads according to surfing history it will be impossible to work out what is being seen ad wise. This third party ads only makes it more impossible. Whatever. I now reckon that Google will serve the highest paying ads available at the time someone gets to my monetised content - it only makes sense...

1associate, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  4. dominik79

dominik79 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What worries me is that these 3rd part ads clicks are cheaper than Google ads, but might bring more relevance within niches that aren't as advertised as they could be. I'd rather have less clicks with more paid keywords than many clicks with little paid keywords which I think is happening in my case. I let it be for a couple of weeks and than turn 3rd part ads off just to test the difference.

dominik79, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  5. scott231us

scott231us Peon

Best Answers:
    I got this notification around 03/20th as well.. I have actually noticed my earnings going down. My CTR is about 30% lower, so I think they're less relevant ads being displayed. The 3rd party ad networks may be bidding higher, but they must have junky and/or less relevant ads as my CTR is really down.

I probably receive more clicks than probably the average webmaster (in the tens of thousands + every month), so I could tell the first week something was up. It looks like these ad changes were done to accounts automatically and you have to go back in and shut it off manually via blocking the 3rd party programs. I'm going to try it this week and hopefully it's bring my earnings back to normal. It's at a level right now, that I'm thinking about taking the google ads off of many of my sites and replacing them exclusively with Ebay or CJ affiliate links due to higher profit margins.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    scott231us, Apr 1, 2010 IP