1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few questions

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Alsuran, Sep 9, 2006.

Hi, I'm not exactly sure what to search so i'll post a few questions here .. hope someone has the time to answer them:

1) when choosing a keyworded domain, if i choose a domain like super-blue-frogs.com .... does it give the same influence for the keywords "blue frogs" as it gives for "super blue frogs" ? Sometimes the combination of keywords i want to use is already registered so i'm wondering what happens if i add an extra word in that domain ... its still the same thing?

2) very similar to the first question ... when exchanging links .... if i have the title Super blue frogs for those links.... how will it influence the SE results if i want to rank for blue frogs mainly? ... will i do just as good for both "super blue frogs" and for "blue frogs" ?

Thx for taking the time to read and answer (hopefully :p )

PS: i'm not actually gonna make a website about blue frogs .. just an example :D

Edit:
    ok..just thought of another one :)

3) If i got 3 websites on the same IP dealing with different parts of a niche ...will the same IP damage my chances of having all 3 websites on the first page for a common keyword?

Alsuran, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  2. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    1)Im not a big believer in the keyword domain names thing but here's my suggestion. If you are going to add an extra word into a "keyword domain, i would put the extra word at the end instead of the beginning. ex: blue-frogs-super.com

2)i would like to say they will provide equal results but am not really sure and it probably doesnt.

3) I dont think a mere 3 websites on the same IP would be a problem.

BILZ, Sep 9, 2006 IP
    Alsuran likes this.
  3. Alsuran

Alsuran Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx for the answers Bilz :) ... any other opinions? :)

Alsuran, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  4. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Not a chance.

aaron_nimocks, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  5. Alsuran

Alsuran Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone else? :) ... i thought this forum was full of SEO experts :p

Alsuran, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Well,

I agree with Bilz abhout the domain name. Adding to the end fo the domain is definitely a better option. Most bots looking for keywords always start at the left and the first word is always valued higher than any other words.

IP question, no mucking around, aaron hit it on the head. Don't even worry about it.

Keywords question, same as domain.

Hope this helps.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Sep 9, 2006 IP
    Alsuran likes this.
  7. Alsuran

Alsuran Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks CSS ... it helps

Alsuran, Sep 10, 2006 IP