1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take for SEO to work?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 1associate, Mar 19, 2010.

1. more_sem

more_sem Peon

Best Answers:
    This is crazy
    Guess what shows up at Google ?? your post.
    Well its true optimize for something not essentially optimized for and you will be on a toplist really very fast. Go for something which has lots of stuff written about and you will be down , nowhere to be found unless you have millions to spend to get on top.

more_sem, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  2. ContentArticleWriter

ContentArticleWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not an SEO expert and have said this in other threads. However, my husband does my SEO for my blog and for some keywords I was indexed in days and ranked in two weeks. I think it is pretty relevant to site content, keyword competition and of course the quality of the content and that of the sites where the backlinks are placed.

ContentArticleWriter, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  3. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Partly it depends how old your site is. In my - albeit limited - experience, new sites tend to get a penalty/filter from google and can often take months before they can get beyond an artificial barrier.

I also believe - although others can correct me - that new pages do not always have the trust factor of pages that have existed for a long time.

jj1, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  4. thescoopy

thescoopy Peon

Best Answers:
    There is also the "Sand Boxing" issue for some site depending how they have been optimized. See this article. http:// contactdubai.com/seo/sandboxing-effect-of-google

thescoopy, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  5. james.parker

james.parker Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically its all depend upon on the competition of your keyword for which you are try to optimize your website.

james.parker, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  6. ameto

ameto Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on keywords, competition. Also SEO is continuous process...one can not stop after getting good backlinks,traffic or rankings..

ameto, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  7. sherrylinx

sherrylinx Guest

Best Answers:
    In my personal experience there is no real average time, I have a blog that shows in the Google index in seconds, yet I have a website that can take anywhere from 1 day to a couple of weeks to show.

As for SEO (in terms of your back links) the time for them to show can be up to a month(you need to remember that for a link to show in your stats both the site you link from and your own site need to be re indexed for the filters to take affect.

If you are looking for time scales in numbers you should really allow 3 - 4 weeks for changes and links to take their affect.

2 other points that I would consider, firstly going out and posting 20 links at once is probably not a good idea for Google, building links in bulk can have you flagged for spam in some cases

Ideally set yourself a target if you are building a dynamic website/blog (one that you intend to continually add pages to) say 2 quality pages to your website a day (making sure these link to other pages on your website) and build in 4 - 5 back links from sites that are full of fresh content. In other words don't waste to much time posting comments to a blog that hasn't had a new post added for months.

Also remember that if your site is brand new you have a waiting period so to speak of a few weeks before you really rank anywhere near what you naturally will.

Good luck in your SEO efforts!

sherrylinx, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  8. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    It depend on your knowledge and how well you utilize it.

It depends on what on/off page factors you have optimized.

It depends on your linking strategy, social bookmarking, article marketing, forum sigs, blog comments, link exchanges ... etc.

I depends on your ....

I have seen it happen in a record 10 minutes!

Some sites have taken 3-4 months.

Most take 2-3 weeks.

I am real happy if it is within a week.

reapr, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  9. Graimon

Graimon Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends. Mostly for whitehat methods it will not go more than 2-3 months to get the links counted and to jump on serps but it depends..

Graimon, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  10. seo training videos

seo training videos Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely, this answer helps even to me. Bottomline is that it all needs patience and hardwork in achieving you goal of landing in the top rank of search engines.

seo training videos, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  11. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said ;)

It is as simple as what Philip has explained it here...

SOULZRIPPER, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  12. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it doesn't answer my question and certainly it does't answer the comment you quoted. Let me illustrate: the site has been on page 1 or 2 of Google SERPs for over 5 weeks now. Assuming someone is a newcomer and therefore is excited is like assuming all old timers are arrogant know it alls

1associate, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  13. websitedevelopment

websitedevelopment Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I appreciate your concern but the thing is that No one optimizer can say that This Website takes this much time for ranking but Search engine optimizer can say that This Keywords can take this much time to optimization cause everything depend on Competition of Keyword.

websitedevelopment, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  14. joypackard

joypackard Active Member

Best Answers:
    it depends, so the motto here is success requires persistence. :)

joypackard, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  15. SherlynThomas

SherlynThomas Peon

Best Answers:
    I too agree as if you go for optimizing a keyphrase it wont take time for you to rank in SERP on 1 position but if u want to go for highly competitive keyword it would take a long time to build up your reputation .So in my opinion first target on long tail keyword and than try to target most competitive keyword.

SherlynThomas, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  16. robmena

robmena Member

Best Answers:
    Just remember its all possible, even on a small budget, this is the internet! Where knowledge is really power!

robmena, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  17. willamrudin

willamrudin Peon

Best Answers:
    Its totally depends your quality work that you have done and competition of keywords on which you are working.

willamrudin, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  18. sushilw

sushilw Peon

Best Answers:
    no no no.............it will take maximum 1-3 months only buddy...........

sushilw, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  19. maryjoanna

maryjoanna Peon

Best Answers:
    it may take 2 to 3 months it depends, you should spend money to do it and lots of time building links and promoting

maryjoanna, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  20. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    as people said it is totally depends on your keywords ..more your keywords more competitive more time it will take

rohnsmith, Apr 1, 2010 IP