1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Newbie Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by thedoctordavo, Mar 26, 2010.

Alright everyone, as the title says this is going to be my journal for my clickbank sales and strategies. I am a clickbank newbie, but have been researching some strategies for awhile. In this thread I will keep track of what I'm doing to promote sales as well as income.

A little about my background: I am a dating/confidence coach by trade. I have built a nice business through referrals, forums and offline work. I feel that getting into the affiliate marketing business could be helpful for the sale of my current and/or future products.

What I have decided to do to become familiar with internet marketing and to improve my skills is to promote products which I know about on a hobby basis. I do not wish to throw my hat into the ring in my professional genre until I am certain that I can market it "expertly". My reputation in my field is not worth risking.

I have chosen the video game copy software niche to start with for a couple of reasons. First I know a bit about it so I won't need to do as much research to write articles, and second I was able to find 7 low competition keywords with monthly search volume between 2k-5k. My plan is to start with these "small pond" niche markets and as I improve my marketing to move into larger and more difficult markets and keywords.

My marketing plan is mostly bum marketing/article submission for my low competition keywords, followed by link building to the articles to try to build up their search rank, but of course any advice from the experienced here would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    thedoctordavo, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  2. thedoctordavo

thedoctordavo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday I registered with clickbank, I registered my domain for this project, I set up the redirect and I submitted 2 Articles for my keywords to EZA.

For the first week I intend to release 5 articles and build 10 dofollow links to each.

thedoctordavo, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  3. houdini_tx

houdini_tx Peon

Best Answers:
    Off and running. Good Luck!!!

houdini_tx, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  4. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should join Clickbank as vendor, rather than affiliate. It is better to have many affiliates sending readers to your website, than for you to promote the products of others.

scheng1, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  5. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    Today I posted 2 more articles to EZA for 2 more keywords, submitted my landing page to 6 dofollow social bookmarking sites then sent out pings with pingomatic. Hopefully my landing page will be indexed soon.

thedoctordavo, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  6. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the insight.

I do intend to try out click bank for my next e-book. My biggest concern is with reputation, it seems to me that most of the products I would be competing against are written by marketers instead of experts within the field. This observation makes me a bit wary for 2 reasons. I want to make sure that my product is represented in a way that will not cast a "doing it for the money" vibe on my products. I honestly feel that if I take the time to carefully craft my sales page that I can limit this perception and the fact that my products always over deliver will leave the overall PR positive. The part that worries me the most however, is my inexperience in promoting products through this medium. I have never used an affiliate program to promote my products and I want to make sure that I am able to offer the highest quality products to everyone. The highest quality of product includes everyone I am selling to, not just customers being satisfied with my books but also promoters being satisfied with my marketing, conversions etc... This second reason is why I am testing out a few things on smaller promotional scales in unrelated markets. Perhaps however this isn't really important, since the vendors role in the process is different then that of the promoters. Would you suggest that a cursory knowledge of the promotion aspect is whats needed, and to focus on the salesmanship of my "pitch page"?

thedoctordavo, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  7. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    Alright over the weekend I got 3 more submitted, 2 have gone live so far and I have gotten 10 hops, roughly 15% are clicking through from the article link and thus far 100% have clicked through from my review page to my hoplink.

This week I intend to spin my first 5 articles and submit them on other sites. Also I will continue link building, 10 more back links for each article.

thedoctordavo, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  8. eZDimeADay

eZDimeADay Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are willing, can you describe how you are getting your backlinks? Are the targeted? thanks..

eZDimeADay, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  9. Notmynic

Notmynic Peon

Best Answers:
    doctordavo--

I know it is unpredictable, but when do you expect your first sale?

Notmynic, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  10. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    I submit the articles to 6 DoFollow Bookmarking sites:
    FolkD.com
    Oneview.com
    Spotback.com
    Mylinkvault.com
    Oyax.com
    Memfrag.com

With those sites you can choose your keywords as the anchor text also.

Next I'm getting links by submitting the article to RSS directories. So far I've used:
    Xmeta.net
    Solarwarp.net
    LeighRSS.com
    feedplex.com
    oobdoo.com

I'm working my way through a list I found here: http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55/index.html some of them are out of date but many are not. Part of the link building strategy will be to find 10-20 more RSS directories I can get links from.

Starting this week I will be posting comments on DoFollow blogs and on DoFollow forums. I found many lists for DoFollow blogs through a google search, and I found a large list of DoFollow forums in a thread on this forum: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=719030

11. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    Well I would love for it to happen soon, according to the vendor and also from what I've seen reading up on the niche conversions seem be 1 in 25-30. I'm hoping to hit the 30 hop mark this week. If I get a sale that would be great, if not thats fine also. What I'm currently focused on is getting my articles up and getting links built. What I would love to see much more then a sale is an article showing up in the first couple of pages on google for one of my key phrases. For me this whole thing is about learning the SEO first and foremost.

12. petehols

petehols Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi thedoctordavo

Keep working away if you work hard the results will come. Just don't give up. You get what you put into this. That is the best advise I can give to anyone.

Thanks

Pete

petehols, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  13. Marigoldd

Marigoldd Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting strategy.I will definitely be following your thread.

Marigoldd, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  14. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the encouragement and the advice all.

3 Of my articles have gone live, I've had trouble with the other ones not getting approved and having to resubmit. I'm up to 19 hops now, no sales yet... but the hops seem to be picking up. It's only a matter of time :)

thedoctordavo, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  15. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    Still working the same plan, not a lot of news on the affiliate front. I did hit the first page of google for one of my small traffic (2k monthly volume) niche keywords for my blog though! So that has me pretty darn excited :)

thedoctordavo, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  16. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    That's nice! Can you share with us how many links have you build in order to get to the first page? And what was the competition of the keyword regarding "allintitle".

Mentis, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  17. Notmynic

Notmynic Peon

Best Answers:
    doc..thats is exciting..

I'm just wondering first page what position?

Notmynic, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  18. thedoctordavo

Best Answers:
    Well my blog has now hit the front page on 4 of my lower competition keywords (from 800-4k AllinTitle competition). The highest one is #3. As for links I've got 27 that yahoo has found so far, and about 50 more that have not been found by yahoo yet. my plan is to continue building 10 backlinks daily and hopefully start breaking in on my higher competition keywords in the not to distant future.

thedoctordavo, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  19. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're using EZA for these video game articles they will be rejected quite often. I promote different products in the gaming niche too and everytime I tried to use EZA, they decline my articles and don't even give me a reason. Then it takes them a week to respond to my support request and they give me some generic copy and paste answer.

Try using Articles Base. They get approved usually on the same day and then after 20 approvals or so your account will be set to auto-approve. AB can rank just as well as EZA too and they aren't very strict at all with what they accept. On top of that, you can have links in the body of your article, not just the resource box like with EZA.

J1218, Apr 6, 2010 IP