1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CANADIANS: did Google mess up the CAD exchange rate this month? See here!

Discussion in 'Payments' started by denniss, Mar 26, 2010.

This thread is only for Canadians since it only concerns this month's USD->CAD exchange rate. If this has nothing to do with you, plz don't post in this thread.

Anyway, I believe there was a mistake in this month's USD->CAD exchange rate.

Here is what I got:

So $0.95 CAD for $1 USD.... but all foreign currency exchange sites show that the actual rate varied between $1.01 to $1.03 on the 25th/26th (see: http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=CAD). I'm used to losing a few extra cents on top of that, but a loss of 6-8 cents on a dollar seems ridiculous. In fact, I think they used the inverse rate, since currently $1 CAD amounts to $0.97 USD.

I already e-mailed Google about it, but don't expect an answer until Monday since it's the weekend.

Did you also get a 0.95 exchange rate?

denniss, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  2. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    tobycoke, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  3. adleym

adleym Peon

Best Answers:
    I got an email about it, saying they are working on correcting the issue. This has happened before and they sorted it out pretty quickly.

adleym, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  4. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    They were distracted rolling up the rim to win and screwed up on the metric conversion, seasonal adjustment, and wind chill factor. ;)

tobycoke, Mar 30, 2010 IP