1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommended ways to grow your list quickly

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bertuseng, Feb 26, 2010.

I have struggled for quite a while to build my list up to a decent number of subscribers where it is actually at the point of it being profitable. It took me a few months before I had my first 100 subscribers.

Luckily I learned quite quickly and I have discovered some ways to build my list faster. I just wish I had known of these ways a few months ago.

I thought I would like to share my 2 top ways to build your list fast and free, especially for all the newer marketers here who doesn't know this already.

Here are my quick suggestions:

1. Enter every giveaway event that you can from the start. A giveaway event is an event where hundreds of internet marketers upload a free gift (requiring a signup) and hundreds or thousands of people sign up for this free event to download their free gifts. This will cause a steady drop of sign ups that are highly targeted. You can even make some extra money with one time offers. You can really leverage this method if you upgrade, where you can usually add 3 gifts and add one time offers.

2. Once you have a seed list of at least 300 subscribers you can start leveraging this by doing ad swaps. This is probably the best way to generate loads of subscribers free and easily. The warriors forum's JV section is a great place to look for ad swaps. For those of you who don't know ad swaps is when you send an email to your list advertising another markerter's site, usually a freebie that is given away for a sign up. In exchange he/she will do the same for you. You can do an adwap 2 times per week. As your list grows, you can do ad swaps with people with bigger lists. You can see how your list will grow exponentially this way.

Adswaps and giveaway events are really powerful ways to build your list, and if you haven't tried it yet, I suggest you do. It really helped me alot.

Well, I hope that was helpful. Please feel free to add your recommended ways to build a list quickly.

bertuseng, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  2. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thanks for the tips

choice, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  3. rapho

rapho Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks there, it is a nice post

rapho, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  4. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    is there a good script for list building and sending out emails

choice, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  5. Hs McD

Hs McD Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting..will give it a try hehe :)
    Thanks for the tip

Hs McD, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  6. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    Just using Aweber would probably be your best bet. Just make a simple squeeze page with the Aweber opt in form and your off.

bertuseng, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  7. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    prefer to have a stand alone script than use a third party with monthly payments

i got it sorted no www.unlock3gsfree.com

choice, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  8. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    Mate I think you should rather not put links like that in a thread like this.

bertuseng, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  9. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips

kb24, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  10. pwhite

pwhite Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you find that once you had 100 subscribers it was easier to get the second hundred?

pwhite, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  11. april05

april05 Peon

Best Answers:
    A pretty bright idea to build a huge mailing list..thanks for the tip!

april05, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  12. slatron

slatron Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had my best success with giveaway events as well. It seems that the trend these days is that you have to upgrade or have your offer taken down because of the lack of referrals.

slatron, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  13. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends. Some of these giveaway events work like this, but it is actually a good thing, because then we know that it gets promoted.

bertuseng, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  14. marcwtsn

marcwtsn Peon

Best Answers:
    nice thread, thanks

marcwtsn, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  15. JimmieS

JimmieS Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I'm not understanding this, yet. Do you sign up for the free gifts so you can then offer them as free gifts yourself to build your list? I like the idea of ad swaps, but building a list is very difficult without traffic. My methods seem to be very slow while following the advice of the "gurus" (write articles, do-follow forums, link exchange, hiqh quality content).

JimmieS, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  16. algocomm

algocomm Peon

Best Answers:
    To speed up the process, you want to tap into the existing lists other marketers in your niche have. This is essentially what both of bertuseng's suggestions do. Other people have big lists, you don't. If you can get other marketers to push traffic from their lists to an opt in form of yours, you can grow your list quickly.

Most people starting think they cannot get marketers to push your stuff to their list unless you can do the same for them. And since you don't have a big list yet, you are shut out. But there are all sorts of other things you can do for the other marketer. For example, offer to create some content for them, especially if they have a membership site.

algocomm, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  17. kytro360

kytro360 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot for the advice

kytro360, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  18. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can't agree more. I went from 0 to nearly 200 in 8 weeks. Make sure your giveaway product is a good one and not garbage people may optin to see what you are offering but they will unsubscribe just as quickly.

bettaone, Apr 27, 2010 IP