1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Two free hosts for sale - LOTS OF USERS!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Hoster1, Mar 24, 2010.

I am selling two free hosts. Other obligations are taking up my time, and I think my days in the free hosting industry are finally really over. These hosts were my last hurrah. Both are running great, but I have not had the time to monetize either - the systems are in place to do so, however.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.img2net.com
    img2net.com is a free image hosting service with over 100,000 page views in the last two months. There are currently 60 registered users and over 6,300 hosted images. Note that users do not have to register to upload images. However, there are controls in place to offer advanced features to those who do register. In addition, there is a function to send an email to all users, another great monetization method. The site is currently hosted on an "unlimited" shared hosting plan for $6.99 per month at Byethost. I've had no issues thus far with server load, bandwidth, etc. Of course, I can't guarantee how long this will last, but they've been a good host for the site so far.
    I am asking $50 for this site and domain.

www.000a.biz & www.freehostingx.com
    These free hosts represent a remarkable opportunity for leverage when it comes to monetization. Both are run together in one custom-configured system from Byethost/myownfreehost.net. The solution costs $88 per month. There are currently just over 6,500 active users, and about 5,000 idle users. Here's the best part! We have accumulated an email list over time of all active and idle users, now totaling over 13,000 members on this email list. There are anywhere from 1,000-2,000 added each month. This email list is an ideal monetization opportunity, because you can send affiliate offers to the members of the list, as well as charge other webmasters to send ads for their sites. All technology (some custom!) that makes this email list happen (not a standard myownfreehost.net feature, mind you) is included in the sale. Other monetization abilities include ads on user pages, default index page for newly created accounts, custom .htaccess pages, and welcome email customization. Any of you who is familiar with myownfreehost.net know the service does not have a hard and fast limit for disk space and bandwidth per partner - instead, the limits are imposed per user; myownfreehost.net makes their money from the monthly service fee, as well as ads they place in your users' control panels. For an additional monthly fee, you could pay myownfreehost.net to place your own ads in user control panels. I am not sure what this fee would be, but I have been told they will do this for you. 000a.biz has a permanent #1 listing on absolutely-free-hosting.com - this brings a lot of steady traffic and new signups - which grows the email list! As I said before, I just haven't had the time to properly monetize this free host, but there is huge potential there.
    I am asking $3,000 for this free host - including domains, accounts, and all custom technology used to run and monetize the service. Note that this price would allow you to purchase the service at a price of $0.46 per active user, or $0.23 per email list user. (I will also accept an "or best offer" if you think the $3,000 price is too high.)

If you are a serious buyer who is interested in both the free image hosting and the free host, I will consider a BIN of $2,500.

Thank you for looking, and please let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you.

Hoster1, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  2. thesamemanhal

thesamemanhal Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what is the net revenue we can make with the free-host site.

thesamemanhal, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  3. J1A1MES

J1A1MES Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please show the traffic and revenue stats.

J1A1MES, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  4. Hoster1

Hoster1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

Please PM me for further details.

Also, price dropped to $2,000!

Hoster1, Mar 26, 2010 IP