1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proof a PR0 Site can out rank 237 million other sites!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by trosquin, Mar 26, 2010.

Yes my little car blog Best New Automobile outranks some huge competitors..and I have a PR of ZERO!

But why is this you ask? Well take a shot......

[​IMG]

trosquin, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  2. Maximallimit

Maximallimit Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, congrats.
    Is any blackhat technique involved?

Maximallimit, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  3. demonator09

demonator09 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice....congrats
    so what did u do to get in that position?
    and how much visitors do you get from google now?

demonator09, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  4. cristal1290

cristal1290 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah how did you get there?
    What did u do?

cristal1290, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  5. JoomlaDesigner

JoomlaDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's really very amazing. Also it is not having any backlinks.

In How much time you get 1st position?

JoomlaDesigner, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  6. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have done a great job :) I wish your site would being stayed top for a very long time. I hope your site is not too new and already passed "Google Honeymoon Period".

If yes, you can stay as long as you consistency on link building and content added regularly.

If no, you should prepare to see the "Sandbox" effect in a soon.

Sxperm, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is it because the search term 'best new autos' only gets 140 searches globally a month, (and' best new automobiles' doesn't even get that) so nobody else is targeting it?

The 237 million results? - it's just pages that have those words on it - nobody else is using them as titles, or urls - none of the other results even have the words in the same order - nobody.else. targeted. them.

I really don't want to shoot people down like this, but if you set yourself up for it... and the lesson can't be learnt often enough - DO YOUR KEYWORD RESEARCH FIRST

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    magda, Mar 26, 2010 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  8. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    ah yeah you got me there....there really is no search volume for these keywords

trosquin, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  9. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You rank well because the key phase has VERY little competition. Only 1,170 have that phrase in their page title?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...:"best+new+autos"&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Any why is that you ask? Because this serp doesn't get much traffic, AT ALL. Thekey phrase 'best new autos' is only searched for 140 times per month, globally.

The reason you rank higher than the other urls in that serp is becuase none of them are trying to rank well on that serp. All of them are trying to rank well on serps with a much higher volume. For example, 'best new cars' gets about 2900 searches per month. Ranking very high on long tail, low competition key phrases is an excellent strategry, IMO, but let's not overstate it.

The good news is that your sites does reasonably well with stronger key phrases too. you're at about 5th for "new autos", and you're on the first page for "best new cars", so you're definitely headed in the right direction.

One thing to remember about pagerank is that right now the pagerank that you see is actually what your pagerank was about a month ago. Google only provides a 'snapshot' of your pagerank in the tool bar about once every 3 months, but it's actually calculated continuously. So while it may look like you have pr0, you may actually have a pr4 or pr5, which would certainly affect your rankings positively.

Your backlinks that appear in yahoo seem to indicate that you've been doing quite a bit of link building recently, acquiring one way, do follow backlinks form pages with strong PR. for example, here are a few of your recently acquired backlinks with PR
    http://www.chevy-muscle-cars.com/ pr3
    http://www.fast-cadillac.com/ pr3
    http://www.interactivejaguar.com pr2
    http://modified.cars-blog.net/ pr2
    http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/07/08/car-feature-gt-gt-garage-saurus-r32-gt-r.aspx pr2
    http://www.canadagtr.com/ pr1

With backlinks like this, just out of the first 10 backlinks I looked at, I think you can expect to see a substantial jump in PR the next time Google takes a 'snapshot' of your live PR and exports it to the toolbar.

selectsplat, Mar 26, 2010 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  10. Bompa

Bompa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good eye Magda.

The first five replies bought into this hook, line, and sinker.

Things are not always as they seem.

Bompa

Bompa, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  11. pwslinks

pwslinks Member

Best Answers:
    Loved the large images.

pwslinks, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  12. rushan

rushan Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats..

i think because your keyword in domain name

rushan, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  13. speakaction

speakaction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good jobs...congrats trosquin....

speakaction, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  14. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Completely Agree. The term you are using is non competitive and your domain name itself is a huge ranking factor to get on the top. Not a lot of SEO required in this situation. But you will have to work really hard for competitive keywords. The number of search results do not show competition. The number of searches per month for that keyword is the actual meter.

And by the way domain name is a big ranking factor in SEO. that's why domain names with high CPC keywords sell for hundreds and thousands of dollars.

psharma, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  15. andyken

andyken Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice proof you got there. But, I wonder how much can you earn if you are in that SERPS position? And how many visitors you can get?

andyken, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  16. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hm... How long that particular keywords rank 1 and 3??? Are they already stable?

fr@nc!z, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  17. CheapSEO

CheapSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    Guys, you are wrong. Google is not fool that send this site to sandbox, I know most of webmaster says but they do wrong so Google send his website to sandbox but there are different matter. I checked this site, everything is ok. there is no used any black hat.

I have experience, lot of pr0 websites live on top position, its doesn't mean black hat.

This is great example for who search high pr links only and they hate pr0 back links.

CheapSEO, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  18. paydayloner

paydayloner Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, I can see the advantage of getting backlinks on PR0 pages that were recently put up and are already getting backlinks themselves but haven't had time to be given a public rank yet, because you can figure they'll gain rank as time goes by. But I wonder how much good a PR0 backlink does that will always be PR0, like on a page that's been online for a couple years with no sign of new links or any SEO work being done.

paydayloner, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  19. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it gives great results when you're logged in. aren't you logged in in google when you're getting this result?

etc, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  20. VasserPro

VasserPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Good catch. I did a pretty big celebration dance once when my site showed up in 1st AND 2nd place for ALL my keywords, only to discover I was logged in. When I logged out, everything went back to where it was.

VasserPro, Mar 26, 2010 IP