1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Different between goal tracking & event conversions ?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by thanapa, Mar 23, 2010.

Hi all

I'm building large PPC campaign. I want to track conversion from PPC and organic search traffic. So which tools is the best for me ?

Goal tracking or event conversions ?

Thanks

thanapa, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  2. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    With goal tracking, you can associate a revenue figure to it (which can be used in reports using revenue). With event tracking, you can't.

If you are working on an eCommerce site, I recommend eCommerce related implementation which is independent of goals and events.

seolion, Mar 25, 2010 IP
    awundrin likes this.
  3. dipali

dipali Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to track goal conversions thorugh PPC And Organic Traffic then goal configuration is best for you.

Configure goals by entering thnk you page.. and add automatically import adwords cost data into analytics and select option of Automatic tagging option in adwords. so you can also track visits of ppc into your analytics code.

Add Goal Conversion code (You'll get it under Reports> Conversion) on Thanks page, due to this you can track goal conversion ratio in Adwords Report tab..

dipali, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  4. pannelli

pannelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Above the Line" and "Below the Line" are terms used in the advertising business to distinguish between spends that are for branding or awareness and those that are attributable to a specific event, such as a purchase of a particular product.

pannelli, Apr 6, 2010 IP