1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About Link Wheel

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by osho3, Mar 25, 2010.

I want to do create web 2.0 link with my site with link wheel it will help full for my site

osho3, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  2. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    yaa link wheel is very helpful in backlink, PR and improve website ranking

seo555, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  3. vijay pathania

vijay pathania Peon

Best Answers:
    are u asking question ..or u r just here for telling that u going to do this......

vijay pathania, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  4. webmyne

webmyne Peon

Best Answers:
    Link wheel is not much useful as far as getting backlinks is concerned

webmyne, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  5. WordWaves

WordWaves Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Wheels pass link juice, but your rankings may not stick long. Google frowns on these and they are fairly easy to spot unless you get someone who is a real pro at this. I'd just do it the WhiteHat way, myself.

WordWaves, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  6. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good thoughts WordWaves. Yes, G will catch onto your link wheel sooner or later - so you might as well go white hat and forget about the shortcuts.

bigcat1967, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  7. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Link wheels are not inherently useful in regards to SEO. Yes, they can give you an extra backlink, but since the spokes in the wheel are brand new pages, wiht little or no pagerank or authority of their own, they passes very little, if any SEO benufit at all.

That doesn't mean that link wheels are completly useless though. Personally, I prefer to build link wheels are web2.0 properties that use the no follow tag.

Why would I recommend using a 2.0 property that uses the no follow tag in my link wheel? Its simple, really. Web2.0 sites that use the no follow tag accumulate pagerank at a faster rate than other sites. I'm sure everyone has noticed that their twitter profile has pagerank.

I know you're asking yourself how that benefits you, since you don't get any benifit from linking to your site from your twitter profile, right?

Well, higher pagerank means it's easier for that page to rank well in SERPs. So what I do is build link wheel spokes that rank well for long tail keywords, the same long tail keywords that my target sites ranks well for. Then I make sure to place an obvious call to action that takes visitors to my target site. This allows me to have more than just my target site at the top of my desired SERPs, each 'funneling' visitors to my target site. Can you imagine having 4 out of the top 10 pages on a serp? Talk about dominating the competition.

The best use for link wheels is not for the direct SEO benefit, it's for capturing more organic traffic and sending it to the target site, very much like landing pages.

selectsplat, Mar 25, 2010 IP
    psharma and Sxperm like this.
  8. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is complete answer to your query, I was going to put the same points and all of them are covered already.

psharma, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  9. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    linkwheels = fail
    I wouldn't suggest them

Brandon Sheley, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  10. asphalt

asphalt Member

Best Answers:
    forget about linkwheel if you are serious about your website and it's for long term business. However, if you just want to make some quick bucks for some cpa offer see if this 'wheel' thing really works, go try it out! You will never learn unless you experiment it yourself afterall.

asphalt, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  11. websitedevelopment

websitedevelopment Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Wheel Strategy is latest strategy of Search engine optimization and it will give boost up to your website immediately but make sure your lenses must be proper with good inter-linking and with content cause as you know that "Content is King"

websitedevelopment, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  12. Link Slinga

Link Slinga Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen link wheels in effect almost since google opened it's doors - they are an effective tool in seo.

Link Slinga, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  13. ardi33

ardi33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd apply it and my dummy blog, and what a surprise that many of my dummy blog got PR4 or PR5 but I have never felt PR6, hahaha ....

ardi33, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  14. seolinks99@gmail.com

seolinks99@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Link wheels are effective in done in a right way. The content should be keyword rich and should be well optimized. DO NOT use same content to the linkwheel properties. I have seen a boost in website ranking.

seolinks99@gmail.com, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  15. googlespy

googlespy Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically, your unique content such as article posting, images and streaming media comprise a property and link wheel concept helps in making it possible to as if create a standalone site. Google search engines usually love sites which uses Web 2.0.

googlespy, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  16. manny07

manny07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you don't know how link wheel works and how can you say that a link wheel is effective.

manny07, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  17. cakey2k7

cakey2k7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been trying to do a link wheel myself. I got a map that another SEO company use to develop their link wheels. I've not seen a huge change after doing it - like others have said I think its because many of the spokes in the wheel are new pages in their own right. Not convinced about paying someone to do it for me.

cakey2k7, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  18. bruce_robart

bruce_robart Member

Best Answers:
    well i have use that technique but it's lengthy and time consuming but less effective..

bruce_robart, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  19. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    A link wheel will hurt your site.. a link push will help your site. The search engines see a link wheel as unnatural group linking and thus give you no value anymore.

Romanorc, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  20. rainier

rainier Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess his here telling us that he's actually doing it and wanted to have assurance if he's doing the right thing,anyway it's good to know that there are someone from this forum who are doing the same thin as I was.This strategy is very helpful and effective but do it moderately.

rainier, Apr 30, 2010 IP