1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress support not replying (Fraud)

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Samuel Jaackson, Mar 22, 2010.

Hello,

I have written Wordpress support around 10 to 12 times in past 1 month but they are not even replying me at all. after that I upgrade my blog mapping and paid $10 to wordpress and now i am removing that mapping and need my money to be refunded(as per wordpress condition of refund in 30 days). I wrote them mail for that also 5 days ago but till now i haven't got any response or money from wordpress. I think they are trying to commit fraud. I think they are cheaters.

Regards,

Samuel Jaackson, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  2. tbunch

tbunch Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you referring to? Wordpress.org wordpress.com or some other wordpress related site? I don't understand you saying you paid $10 for "mapping".
    I have been working with wordpress for years and have no understanding of what you are talking about. Wordpress, as far as the software part, is free.
    Can you please explain exactly who you are referring to.

tbunch, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  3. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe he is talking about Wordpress.com's Domain Mapping feature. Where you pay $10 to get your domain mapped to your **.wordpress.com blog.

Did you contact them through the support contact form?

sevnrock, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Why are you removing it ? Does it not work, or did you just change your mind?

hmansfield, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  5. Samuel Jaackson

Samuel Jaackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i was talking about wordpress.com and i removed the mapping because they have banned my blog and i wanted to get my blog back by doing mapping it on my own domain but it didn't work at all so i removed and now i want my $10 back i have written 2 mails to support also but still waiting for reply. what is the other way to contact wordpress any contact no. which could help me.

Samuel Jaackson, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, your first mistake was trying to overcome T.O.S. by mapping your own domain. The only way to not be accountable to Wordpress.com T.O.S. is not to have a blog on Wordpress.com. In other words, host your own blog. Changing domains, is not hosting your own blog, it's still hosting with Wordpress.com, just using your own domain.

Second, once your blog was deactivated, spending $10 on domain mapping was a waste of money. That was never going to work.

I can't answer why you can't get a response, but you started the whole scenario wrong. Once your blog is deactivated, the only thing you can hope for is that they will activate it long enough for you to get your content, and then move on to self hosting or Blogger.

Basically you spent money for something that didn't exist. It isn't Wordpress.com that is pulling a fast one, it was you, and that's probably why they are taking their time getting back to you.

hmansfield, Mar 23, 2010 IP
    ServerUnion likes this.
  7. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Live, learn and move on...

ServerUnion, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  8. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If they banned your blog, you probably violated their TOS.

If you get your money back, consider yourself lucky.

It is just $10- as SU said, forget it and move on.

gr8liverpoolfan, Mar 24, 2010 IP
    ServerUnion likes this.