1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress vs Blogger for SEO and indexing

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by john12, Mar 16, 2010.

I have two seperate sites, both dedicated to poker articles, tips and strategy.

One of them, Games, is on Blogger and is indexed regularly. The other, Poker Blog, is on Wordpress. Even though the Wordpress blog contains many more interesting articles, all unique and written by me, it still hasnt been indexed.

Is this a Google vs Worpress thing. Google own Blogger so index it more quickly / more often?

Or am I just doing something wrong on the Wordpress Poker Blog??

john12, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Neither. It's a YOU thing. And I do not say this to insult you. I say this so that you'll look for the cause and not the symptom.

With blogger you ride on the coatails of the community. With Wordpress.org you build your own. WordPress.com... I'm assuming you don't use that as they are not affiliate friendly.

I can assure you that you can rank plenty high with WordPress blogs.

internetmarketingiq, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  3. fiqri

fiqri Peon

Best Answers:
    i think wordpress is better for seo result.. although wordpress sites more slow to index by search engine. for blogger although your post quickly index but it not have better position at organic ranking

fiqri, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  4. shrisharma

shrisharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress provide you self optimization of blog and automatic pings for search engine caching and indexing, whereas blogger (blogspot.com) does not do this automatically. Wordpress is better then blogger.

shrisharma, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  5. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your WP blog is not a self hosted one but at wordpress.com then it might be the reason. If you can add plugins like Google XML sitemap plugin to your blog you can get yr WP pages easily indexed. With Blogger you don't need to bother if you post daily or regularly all pages get indexed.

bluearrow, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  6. s521545

s521545 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First I was loving blogger blogs due to their simplicity.But after I tried Wordpress.org I am fond of it.I suggest you use it.There any many which are mainly optimized for SEO in WP.So you will get high SERP rankings.

s521545, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  7. mv5869

mv5869 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. WP is great. And the page seems to be indexed now so perhaps it was just slow.

mv5869, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  8. biscayne

biscayne Peon

Best Answers:
    as my point of view wordpress is the better then blogger, b'coz wordpress provides admin panel which we can editing own self...

biscayne, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  9. mv5869

mv5869 Peon

Best Answers:
    The Wordpress one has now been indexed so you are OK again. I agree, its a fab tool!

mv5869, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  10. mrsray

mrsray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree ... I think the trick is, you must write blog posts that have the kind of content web surfers expected to find when they visit your site ... either platform will do just as well when you do that

mrsray, Mar 24, 2010 IP