1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is bounce rate? can any one explain me clearly ??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by soman4u, Mar 23, 2010.

thanks in advance if u are make me well understand about bounce rate..

soman4u, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  2. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate gives the percentage of visitors who bounce away to a different site within a very short period of viewing your site. If the bounce rate is high, it typically signals that your site and its content is not worthy enough... to hold their attention for a long while! :(

Read more about it here... Bounce rate.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  3. jamesneo

jamesneo Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of time in which the person left your site while staying more on your website. If the bounce rate is high, it means the visitors are not staying at your website and the reason can be roung information, keywords, ruff content or something like that. If the percentage is less than 35 it means there is no need to worry.

jamesneo, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  4. WackyOwl

WackyOwl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In other words, you need to have lots of page views to have sucess!

WackyOwl, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  5. Katierey

Katierey Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I've read that 50% - 60% is reasonably good for a bounce rate. Some people leave because they have found what they came for.

Katierey, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  6. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL

I believe it actually depends upon your site and how you are monetizing it.
    It seems like on an Adsense site you are looking for a high bounce rate because you want people to click away from your site by clicking the ads.
    In this case a high bounce rate is not necessarily a bad thing.

On the other hand it is, as mentioned, not a good thing if no ads are being clicked. The lower the percentage the better as you want people to hang out at your site.
    I like to see under 25% bounce rate. Actually 0% would be great but that doesn't happen I believe.
    But until you hit 0% you always want to strive and make it better. Perhaps people are coming from keywords that don't match your site? Then see what you can do to better target your traffic. Google analytics and other tracking software can help you out in this.
    For high bounce rates try setting up some split testing and see how different layouts, wording, colors, etc.. change your br.
    This is something that should be a continuing effort and never really a one time thing.
    To keep up with competition one must continually strive to make their sites more informative/authoritative....and this is a never ending battle in many niches.

HomeComputerGames, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  7. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    we have to be cautious interpreting the bounce rate. everyone here will notice that if your website consists only of one page the bounce rate will ALWAYS be 100%!
    that means, only if people go to other pages of your site the bounce rate will be 0% (for one visitor). if he only stays at your landing page and leaves it, the bounce
    rate will be 100%, but this doesnt mean that he has immediately left your landing page. it could be that he read your landing page several minutes and then left your
    site, even in this case the bounce rate would be 100%! dont believe me? make the test.
    visit your own site and only stay at one page for one minute. go to analytics and see for yourself what your bounce rate was!

jophan, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  8. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    bounce rate tells if the user stay to your site, if they stay it means they like the site and also say that you can a good site but if they didn't stay or immediately close the site after seeing it, it means they don't like your site or they may not find what they want.

Excel 8, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  9. linkwheel.in

linkwheel.in Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is measurement of importance to the human.

linkwheel.in, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  10. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    This has got to be the dumbest post ever on DP.

Stop spamming the SEO board!

sevnrock, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  11. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:
    It is interesting.. I didn't think about this..

smsinhindi, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  12. softworks-workforce

softworks-workforce Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. Use this metric to measure visit quality - a high bounce rate generally indicates that site entrance pages aren't relevant to your visitors.
    It is really hard to get a bounce rate under 20%, anything over 35% is cause for concern, 50% (above) is worrying. You can minimize bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services

softworks-workforce, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  13. james.parker

james.parker Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically the bounce rate of the websites shows the number of visitors exit from the websites after visiting the index or home page of the website.

james.parker, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  14. lucygray

lucygray Guest

Best Answers:
    hey thanks for the nice answers .

lucygray, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  15. lvtim

lvtim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, sheesh...

Hm, never thought of it that way, but you got a point, even if I don't agree with it. In my case, my sites with low bounce rates are earning me better AS income.

In case anyone's curious, the bounce rates for my major sites are almost zero now that I don't update my sites as frequently as I used to. I now only update them like once every three or four weeks depending on my mood. Search engines visitors seemed to be steady, but as I said, my bounce rates have improved. It used to be around 60-80% when I did frequent updates (twice a week).

lvtim, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  16. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    ya i'm totally agree with RightMan, jamesneo

seo555, Mar 24, 2010 IP