1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Video Tutorial: How to integrate Wordpress Blog Into Any Existing Website.. even CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sithburns, Mar 23, 2010.

I made this short tutorial that goes into great detail and provides a step by step walkthrough on how to integrate a Wordpress blog into any existing website.

You can customize Wordpress to match any existing website. You may even get some new ideas about how to make your own WP templates from the video :)

Welcome any feedback or suggestions for future videos.

http://www.burnseo.com/blog/2009/12/wordpress-integration-video-tutorial/

sithburns, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  2. jonathonhewitt

jonathonhewitt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very impressive website design video tutorial! You have a ease of understanding about how to craft each one of these website platforms into one well-structured machine! I would have three questions for you...

1. Is there a way to add the .html to the end of a joomla link?
    2. Would the blog in joomla be useful in any way?
    3. Does google care if you use two platforms??
    Well as I said before, very impressive work on your wordpress joomla integration video! I will be back to continue reading your blog in the future!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
    jonathonhewitt, Mar 23, 2010 IP
    calphillips likes this.
  3. sithburns

sithburns Peon

Best Answers:
    Jonathon,

1. You can easily add .html extension to joomla links through the global configuration tab. It's near the SEF options on the first page top right.
    2. The Joomla blog... well... it sucks. I can't really put it any other way. Wordpress is hands down the top blogging platform available so we always recommend that everyone have a Wordpress blog as part of their site, regardless of what platform the main site is built on. There is a commercial plugin for Joomla that supposedly integrates Wordpress into Joomla, but it's not free :)
    3. Actually there is no negative to using two platforms that I have seen from a search engine perspective. You have two sitemaps submitted, one for your auto updated Joomla installation and one for your auto updated Wordpress installation. You can take full advantage of Wordpress and any other CMS platform out there.

We do these custom WP integrations all the time and no one has reported any negative feedback on any of them. I hope this video tutorial helps people because I know I was racking my brain trying to figure it out at first and couldn't find any good resources like this.

sithburns, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  4. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Found this in the search engine; looking for services that convert html establish sites to worpress CMS (Please no PMs! But if you know some established services they would be helpful... no PMs!).

Thanks for the tutorial,
    -H

adbox, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  5. Tango4Cash

Tango4Cash Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice Tutorial! I agree that WP is well superior to Joomla.

Now days alot of design companies are building their own proprietary CMS but its basically just a WP clone. I use WP for all my sites and have had no issues in design or ranking. It's much easier to rank because its a dynamic site.

BTW, WP has a plugin that will automatically add the .html extension fyi.

Tango4Cash, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  6. sithburns

sithburns Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need a plugin for that. You can set the .html extension in the admin on the permalink settings.

sithburns, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  7. web_tweaker

web_tweaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tutorial!!!

web_tweaker, Mar 13, 2011 IP