1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have 500$ need help investing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by newbie191, Mar 22, 2010.

I have 500$ and I need help investing them. Please suggest me something.

1. Investment should double in 6 months.
    2. There should be no or very little risk involved.
    3. I will not invest in poker sites and domain names. or other betting stuff.

All other suggestions are welcomed.:)

newbie191, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  2. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Simple rule of thumb in investment "High risk, high returns. Low risk, low returns"
    Obviously you are asking for a lot cos you want doublling of investment in 6 mths which is crazy high and you want little or no risk :)
    Good luck cos you may probably find that from scams, pyramid schemes, Ponzi cons. :)

tradester, Mar 23, 2010 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  3. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Double your money every 6 months with little or no risk would be a tough one. I wish I would have bought some gold a while back, but heck it is up and down. I don't think it doubled in 6 months, but it did jump a while back. Something like + 25-30% over a years time. I don't know the exact numbers right off hand. Be careful with the get rich quick things.

gameutopia, Mar 23, 2010 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  4. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What level of involvement are you looking for? Do you want just investing or perform an actual activity with this money?

I'm investing all my free dosh in agriculture and science projects. $500 would buy you 1400 shares in this: http://www.greenhomedesign.co.uk/beleaf-in-going-bananas
    I don't think it might give you a 6 month return, though...

Dear ole Mr Buffet said that people would always need to eat. Hence agriculture is the safest thing... in case you know some basics about what's going and what's not. Count science in - you cannot lose money on a good science project.

Everything else (including Forex) is way too risky to even look at.

If you want to get a $1000 back in 6 months, consider lending the money to a website startup. In this case you need a goooood hunch (intuition). Ecommerce websites (if the product is original and funny) can give you a quick return. There are many people with good ideas and no advertising budget. Just do a proper contract if you invest in a stranger.

tankard, Mar 23, 2010 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  5. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    selling on ebay would be your best bet if you want little risk.

powerlifer, Mar 23, 2010 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  6. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing I can think of that is going to be low risk and return a decent profit in a short period of time is going to be something like a celebrity site or clip store. That is, assuming you can get some content in bulk. The rest requires minimal skills to get the money rolling in. You can speed up the process if you know something about driving traffic and such.

I have written some step by step tutorial on those business models. Getting the content will be the biggest piece in the equation.

Barefootsies, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  7. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry :)I won't give my money to scams and etc. I am just looking for some good ideas. the ways other people are making money.

Investing in gold is useless because if I deposit my money in safe deposit goverment schemes they will pay me more than I will earn from gold trading. Plus trading in gold does involve lot of risk(robbery)

No i won't. I bought some computer parts a few months back on ebay in the hope of selling them at a higher price in my country but guess what I had to pay more than the price of the stuff as bribe to the local custom clearance department.

Investing in forex is much like betting. I want to do something real.

I have never done anything related to agriculture and I don't have any land either so i won't be doing that. I am sure much more investment is required I have only 500$:)
    Yes I will work myself. 1st thing which comes into my mind is buying lots of domains and then create niche blogs and add unique content to them and then do massive link building. My investment will double in this way but to achieve this I will have to work my ass off.

Thanks for your suggestion.

celebrity showbiz actresses are low paying niches I won't create sites in them

Anyways thanks everybody for your suggestions +1 rep added to everybody:)
    and I am still looking for more suggestions

newbie191, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  8. LocalWriteUps

LocalWriteUps Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, the only thing I can think of is start loaning out your money, offer a good interest-rate that people can afford to pay back 6 months from now. I do this from time-to-time, but I only loan out to close friends, family, etc.

How much are you looking to profit/earn during this 6 mo. period?

Sadly 6 months, and $500 is not much to see a significant increase via investments, at least from most methods.

You could always take a dive into Forex, Penny Stocks, but really that's not worth it for a 6 month period of time (unless you are quite familiar and experienced with those invest. systems.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    LocalWriteUps, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  9. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestion:)
    I won't lend money to strangers or even people from my neighborhood. It is easy to lend it but very difficult to take it back(recover).
    And as a mattar of fact I am a computer wacko like many of you here and I don't go out too often so I don't have many friends either:(
    No i won't lend it to my family members as they don't need it and most of all taking interest from my family members isn't such a bright idea after all. if they ever need it i will give them on zero markup or just give them won't ask it back:)

newbie191, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  10. dubes0r

dubes0r Member

Best Answers:
    i think 6 months is unrealistic for anything even remotely low-risk. one idea is buying an existing website if you can get solid #s for revenue and visitor stats. the doubling time would be more like 16-24 months.

dubes0r, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  11. honestloez

honestloez Peon

Best Answers:
    How about flipping sites? that's promising. But of course involving risk.

honestloez, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  12. dubes0r

dubes0r Member

Best Answers:
    that's kind of what i was suggesting. get a site already earning revenue, then you can always work on improving it or just sit back and collect.

dubes0r, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  13. libertygone

libertygone Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should buy 500 scratch tickets and hire midgets to scratch them for you! then put a video of it on youtube and monetize it all with your own website!

libertygone, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  14. honestloez

honestloez Peon

Best Answers:
    @dubes0r: Nope. I did not suggest buy an existing website and sell it. I try to suggest make a nice website from scratch. Use the creativity to make interesting new one, and then sell it with multiplying revenue.

honestloez, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  15. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    Even though your not investing in domain names, I suggest you create a bunch of niche websites with your money and use adsense and affiliate programs to try to earn the most money you can from them. It might be a lot of work but it is worth it in the end.

QuackWare, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  16. reagent

reagent Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you find some no-risk investment with a 400% per annum compound return, pls let me know!

reagent, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  17. James.H

James.H Peon

Best Answers:
    If you own a site, put it into adwords or invest it in marketing (building backlinks, article creation).

If you don't own a site I recommend buying a site and try building it up.

James.H, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  18. SoYouNeedMoney

SoYouNeedMoney Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do you must learn to market it...
    I personally like earning money WHILE collecting and helping others collect Gold And Silver. There Are ways that are crazy profitable.

SoYouNeedMoney, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  19. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can easily buy some bulk adult content for $500.00 and make $300.00 a month consistently doing about an hour's worth of work a day. If you call it work. Writing descriptions, updating your stores, and driving some traffic.

Most simply do not have the stomach to follow a routine, and dream of making a winning lotto ticket.

Barefootsies, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  20. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly earning is come with risk.

The more risk the more the earning is.

I doubt you can find and little risk investment that can help you 2x of capital within 6 month.

If you found one,then warren buffet also want to invest with you.

mentos, Mar 24, 2010 IP