1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad relevancy

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by affihq, Sep 7, 2006.

Okay I have a few questions about ad relevancy:

First of all I am wondering if the ads displayed on index.html are the same throughout the entire page no matter what the content is (specially useful if running a article page)?

Is the results based on frequency of a keyword found in html (ie. most used keyword in the page wins)? or does it follow some other factors?

Thats it to start!

affihq, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. affihq

affihq Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, are ads slightly relevant to thew viewer as well, based on geographic location/last seen pages/cookies etc.?

affihq, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Each page gets its own set of ads, but yes, every site does get a "general category ads" (i.e. if you have a car site, when you ad new pages, your new pages would get generic car ads until Adsense gets a chance to spider those new pages and delivers relevant ads to the content). And factors include frequency of keywords and ad availability (i.e. does Adsense have ads to serve you). Some ads uses geo-targeting (dating ads, city-specific ads) and others are general industry ads.

jackburton2006, Sep 7, 2006 IP
    affihq likes this.