1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Samples

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sherryk, Feb 27, 2010.

I write articles for several content sites. Can you use articles from content sites to market writing services?

Sherry

sherryk, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    You are showing the work you do for other sites. Why wouldn't you be able to do this?

Perry Rose, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  3. writerren

writerren Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you gave full copyright to your clients, you can always showcase your writing. If they didn't specifically say "full copyright" when they made the agreement, it's your writing to use however you see fit and repost wherever you would like.

writerren, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  4. sherryk

sherryk Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't sure because they're ghostwritten.

sherryk, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  5. writerren

writerren Peon

Best Answers:
    If your work is published elsewhere in another author's name, you are most certainly going to upset your clients. It is only if they insisted on "full copyright" that you are actually not allowed to reuse your work as samples.

writerren, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is now generally understood that a lot of online content is ghost-written so it's okay to use the articles you wrote for others as samples. However, you should not post those articles online. You can send them to prospective clients via email, with an explanation that those were written for so-and-so.
    The only thing is that those may not have the same effect as one that is published under your own name. After all, anybody can say that they wrote so-and-so article for this-and-that person.

affilorama, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  7. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I write for several sites as well. I simply linked to my profiles or articles on those sites from my website rather than duplicating the content in any way. If you write for revenue share sites, it brings a little traffic as well.

waxingpoetic, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  8. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    nice thread giving some good piece of advice and suggestion

tech_savvy, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  9. acadianapa

acadianapa Peon

Best Answers:
    I use samples I've written on my own, and I also use links to articles I've written for content sites. For example, articles I've written through Demand Studios appear on sites like ehow, golflink, and others. I just link to those sites in addition to providing samples that appear nowhere else but on my site. Hope this helps.

acadianapa, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  10. tclarkson31

tclarkson31 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you did all the hard work. Make sure you reap the rewards. Also remember most people wont go through all of the trouble to see where else your writing was posted. Some will, but most folks just want to know that you can produce.

tclarkson31, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  11. kalpana.allu

kalpana.allu Peon

Best Answers:
    i can't understand your question.

kalpana.allu, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  12. Aotearoa

Aotearoa Member

Best Answers:
    I commission writing with exclusive rights including the right to publish them under my own name (although I haven't yet).

• If a writer I'd commissioned republished an article I'd paid for they would never get any more work from me.
    • If a writer I'd commissioned publicly said an article I'd published under my own name was their work they would never get any more work from me.
    • I would have no problems at all if a writer I commissioned publicly said they wrote an article I'd published without a byline. Personally I'd even like it if they linked to the article, but then I'm a link lover ;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    Aotearoa, Mar 26, 2010 IP