1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Sudden drop in SERP :-((

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stanley123, Mar 19, 2010.

Suppose I'm trying to increase the position of the keyword "Eating apple" in the SERP, then I make many other posts using those keywords, such as "Eating apple now", "Eating apple tips", etc...

Do you think this is a good thing to do? Because since I did that, the main keyword I intend to target suddenly drops so significantly to NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!

what should I do now?

stanley123, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  2. technorated

technorated Peon

Best Answers:
    your method is fine. your sudden drop is usually caused by :
    - your competitor have a better quality or there are other competitor jumpin into your niche competition.
    - you're doin a other "bad optimizations" ex: farm linking, too obvious blackhat tech, etc
    - mr.G just teasing you... just wait for a couple days and watch your serp climb back again.

hope that help...

technorated, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  3. LookAtHerBeautifulFace

LookAtHerBeautifulFace Peon

Best Answers:
    Be patient, perhaps You need to wait for 1 or 2 days next. What's Your site URL?

LookAtHerBeautifulFace, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  4. profitmaxier

profitmaxier Peon

Best Answers:
    Drop in SERP is very normal for various reason, it might not be your fault, just dear old google 'think' that other site is better than your's.

Well fight back, write more content on your site, get more link to 'better' yourself from other. That's the only way.

profitmaxier, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  5. stanley123

stanley123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answer. Actually this has been going on for 3 weeks:-((. So I guess it's not just G teasing me:-(? And I also don't think there're more competitors in a short period of time since I'm targeting very low competition. My site is indonesianlanguage.net. Many thanks..

or, have i over backlinked? I usually do backlinking twice a week, with around 250 links within a week. Is it bad and G has penalized me for this? :confused:

stanley123, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  6. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think the drop is because of over backlinking. 250 links per week sounds normal also. In any case, since a competitor can buy backlinks from spam farms and point them to any site of their choosing, backlinks cannot be a possible source of rankings drop.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 19, 2010 IP