1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

business website promotion

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Richard Zhang, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Richard Zhang

Richard Zhang Guest

Best Answers:
    Your suggestion is great. Thanks.

In fact, in our export dep,there are several young men who are passionate and are also eager to make our website authorative.

Now,one of ways we figured out is to launch a niche directory http:// directory.viconyteas.com. We are all more experienced with tea industry instead of web development. Could you give us some advice and comments. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    Richard Zhang, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  2. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    you may try some PPC program

haiwin, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  3. faraz01

faraz01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank for your sharing everyone i have learned a lot from you people.

faraz01, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm not a huge fan of directories for a business simply because I don't see how you would ever see a true long-term return on anyone who is there. I don't know exactly what your website is like, but if you actually sell tea yourself, why send them to other tea developers? This is also the problem many webmasters have found with Adsense. Keep them on your website, market your own product to them instead of giving them more options to choose from. This would be my advice anyway.

I think you just need more traffic to help grow the business. You've been in business a while now, so you probably know what is working for you. It is now time to scale up. If article marketing is working for you, put up more articles (even if you have to outsource the work). The only potential visitor source that can't be scaled easily would be SEO. Pretty much anything else that I can think of right now can be scaled fairly easy. This is just another side thought.

I would definitely attempt to keep your visitors on your website and buy your products though.

PHPGator, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  5. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    lots of very nice and useful ideas already here for you to take your visitor database up the ladder of number.

tech_savvy, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  6. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good thing that you already have traffic. I would encourage you to purchase an autoresponder like Aweber and allow people to subscribe to your website. Once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month, you can provide your subscribers good information about tea. How to prepare it. What it's good for, etc. After about three messages, send them a reminder link about how much they can purchase the tea for. What if you had a special discount for the tea you wanted to advertise to them? That's where the email comes in handy.

The reason for this is that traffic is tough enough to get, but you're doing well getting traffic. If your visitors volunteer to sign up to your newsletter, you can build a relationship with them keeping them informed about tea and your website, they become long-lasting customers. Some people will leave your list, but the ones who stay are your future customers.

I would also recommend becoming members of health forums or herbal/organic food forums. Participate in the forums there, or post a useful article, that people would find useful. They might look at your signature link and want to find out more about your site.

Also consider going on to Ezine Articles and writing an informative article with a title, for example, "The 5 Reasons Why Jasmine Tea is Better Than Green Tea For Your Health." People who are passionate about tea would be interested in your five reasons. In your article resource box, give a quick description of what you do and a link to your site. The link has to be a real website link, not a subdomain or an affiliate link. If you do have an affiliate link, purchase a domain name at Go Daddy and cloak the link.

Articles, remember, are not designed for sales. They are designed to provide information that is useful. An interested reader, will want to no more about the author and his other offers. Plus, Ezine Articles is very good about giving your site a backlink which is helpful to search engine ranking. However, Ezine Articles can take 3 to 7 days to approve your article. They get so many submissions every day.

Good luck.

Augra, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  7. mdvonline

mdvonline Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. I find the more expereince people you talk to , directory a waste of time. I know some SEO guys who only do it since clients believe it has value.

mdvonline, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  8. usa-im

usa-im Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there are too many of starting an internet marketing campaign of your online business like you can get help form the PPC and affiliate marketing, so that the promotion of your online business website can make a progress by leaps and bounds. You can also make a good money if the optimization of your website is good and in this way you can see a lot of traffic coming toward your website...

usa-im, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  9. Richard Zhang

Richard Zhang Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice.

I think the numbers of visiters desn't matter most. Whether it can convert is also important so I still need to fit into niche.

Richard Zhang, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  10. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Think about the keywords which you are going to target for your tea business - drinking tea, herbal tea, benefits of tea etc. are some keywords that come to mind. Similarly make a list of all keywords that you are targeting your website for, and then edit your website content appropraitely with all these mentioned keywords in the content embedded. Keep updating the content regularly and you will start getting higher traffic from the search engines.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  11. jason830

jason830 Peon

Best Answers:
    First you should know the place your vistors always go,then you can join in it and recommend your business.

jason830, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  12. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    And they put you in charge because???...

Perry Rose, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  13. Richard Zhang

Richard Zhang Guest

Best Answers:
    I know something in website marketing and SEO because I am interested in it. I haven't much experience in it so I said I was a novice.The reason that I have been put in charge of it I think is that I have a combination of an experience in sales of tea and a knowledge in website marketing.

Richard Zhang, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  14. devilsonline

devilsonline Peon

Best Answers:
    page optimization is best way for this purpose

devilsonline, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  15. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, a tea business website has huge potential for the sheer fact that tea is often promoted as one key to a healthy lifestyle as I am sure you are well aware. Here is an idea in the rare event that you haven't thought about it already. Write some articles about the health benefits of tea and place the keyword "health benefits of tea" in the about author section of your article. It doesn't have to be long, maybe 500 words or so. Use the Google Keyword Tool to find tons of keywords to target and write and submit articles with links. Trust me, in the following year, you will be pleasantly surprised.

thebitbotdotcom, Mar 21, 2010 IP