1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

asp vs asp.net

Discussion in 'C#' started by makemoneyfromgoogle, Mar 8, 2010.

hello friends, ​
    I have know the asp. But I do not have idea about asp.net. can anyone tell me the difference between the asp and asp.net. And also suggest me that which is better asp or asp.net. tell me that which programming language is best for the web site development.
    mohamed elgharib​

makemoneyfromgoogle, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  2. bibinsmk

bibinsmk Active Member

Best Answers:
    ASP.net is better for web design. If you know asp then you can pick up asp.net fastly

bibinsmk, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  3. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are vastly different and while you will find the syntax similar in many ways it would be more familiar if you came from a VB or C++ background. ASP is still a great scripting language, but PHP is definately more powerful now. ASP.NET can make many things much easier than asp, particualrly when it comes to working with databases and manipulating data, but sometimes I can't help feeling that asp.net is just too convoluted for some simple tasks which would be easy in .asp and a pain in asp.net.

asp.net is definitely the future although .asp will always have a place for a few more years. Don't overlook php as a language for web development because it is quite an impressive tool, and I'm saying this having been a Windows developer for years and a fan of MS systems.

RonBrown, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  4. www.petermoss.com

www.petermoss.com Guest

Best Answers:
    ASP.NET is the way to go these days. It is much simpler to build a modern site using ASP.NET than it is with just ASP.
    With ASP.NET you get a huge library that you can use to build highly interactive sites. With ASP you have to hand code a lot of code that has been included in ASP.NET.

For new projects go with ASP.NET.

Peter

www.petermoss.com, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  5. john.michael.kane.kane

john.michael.kane.kane Peon

Best Answers:
    ASP.NET is oop

john.michael.kane.kane, Mar 21, 2010 IP