1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need your advise for our business

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by vegee_cess, Mar 18, 2010.

Hello buddies!

Actually I had posted a thread already in General Marketing, and I am still aiming to gain more advises so I can put up my marketing plan for our business. I hope you can help me by reading this and try to figure out some more effective ways to promote or market our service.

I'm an online marketer of web services before, and then I jumped out into different product/ service. Our company, F+L Asia Inc., primarily focused in Fuels and Lubricants industry. We publish a host of print and electronic media, including Fuels & Lubes International, a quarterly 4-color magazine, Oiltrends, a monthly e-newsletter, the Asia-Pacific Petroleum Buyers’ Guide, which is updated once a year, and the Asian Lube Wall Map, a comprehensive graphical display of base oil suppliers in the region.

In addition, we organize two prime networking events for the fuels, lubricants and additives industry, the Annual Fuels & Lubes Asia Conference which is held every year in March and the Asia-Pacific Base Oil Conference which is held in September/October.

This is a global marketing, but our main market target is on Asian countries. But as what I have said, it can be market globally.

1.) Is it still necessary to have SEO here? Also does having multiple domain can help in increasing the exposure, rate or campaign of the site?

2.) Do you think social networking site would be helpful in our industry? If in case yes, which social network site? And in what way do you think it would be useful for our company?

I got some replies in my other thread, some said that article write ups can help the business and same with blog posting..

I thank you all in advance

Regards,

Princess

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    vegee_cess, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  2. TaliaKlein

TaliaKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, good luck. Looks like you're doing tons of great work. As for your questions, social networking can be beneficial wherever you are, but you need to know what's popular with your audience. For example, Brazil's most popular social network isn't Facebook or even MySpace - it's Orkut.

In China, the top 3 social networks are Renren.com, Kaixin001.com, and 51.com. In Japan there's Mixi and eGenki (my knowledge of the Japanese market isn't really great, so this may be a bit outdated). The bit question is if your audience is on these networks.

If you aren't based in Asia, I would suggest hiring someone to do some research for you and see where you target audience is sitting. You may want to attend some conferences other than those that you are organizing, or perhaps sponsor events. See if those sites have fanpages or groups (or the equivalent of them) on those sites and see their sizes.

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    TaliaKlein, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  3. vegee_cess

vegee_cess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello! that's a great advise, thanks a lot TaliaKlein!

Regards,

Princess

vegee_cess, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  4. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every web site can use some SEO. So it is not a question of whether you 'need' SEO as such, it is always good for your site to be found high in search results for keywords like 'oil and lubes conference' etc. But if you are targeting only people with visiting cards who will visit your site rather than search for your site and find it in google search results, then I think SEO may not be necessary, SEO is only for those sites aiming to be found quickly and easily via search engine keywords.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  5. TaliaKlein

TaliaKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing about SEO is that it should just be natural in building your site. SEO isnt something you really actively do - it's the way you set up your URLs, etc., and that pretty much stays the same, so the best is to set up the site to be as SEO-friendly as possible.

TaliaKlein, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  6. Roger32

Roger32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a tour to internet, Decide about your target customers and try to reach to them.

Social networking sites will always be helpful.

India is working on ORKUT,FACEBOOK,TWITTER,MYSPACE.

Try these.....Good luck Dude....

May God help you to reach your EXTREME Hights.

Roger32, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  7. sebmtl84

sebmtl84 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also look into sites similar to Linkedin. Not a Social network per se but great in building contacts and relationships as well as a group perhaps related to your industry...

Seb

sebmtl84, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  8. TaliaKlein

TaliaKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Seb- great advice. There are tons of groups there that can be helpful. Again, it depends on how many people from Asian countries are on, but it can be beneficial.

TaliaKlein, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  9. moneycms

moneycms Peon

Best Answers:
    It is important that you create a SEO friendly site- site which is informative and rich in content and keywords. This is definitely help in generating traffic to the sites

moneycms, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  10. vegee_cess

vegee_cess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all guys, I already made my marketing plan, thanks a lot!

vegee_cess, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  11. Riversway

Riversway Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck.

Riversway, Mar 24, 2010 IP